Author Topic: unofficial montane spine/challenger  (Read 27708 times)

Yorkshiremarv

Re: unofficial montane spine/challenger
« Reply #240 on: 20:56:24, 14/01/20 »
Tracker showing Jayson is on the move.  Nearly 8 miles to make up.
Yeah good move, esp if eoin and eugeni have a longer than anticipated sleep. doubt john would have imagined that it would be jayson catching him up. O0
"if in doubt, flat out"

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #241 on: 21:08:51, 14/01/20 »
Yeah good move, esp if eoin and eugeni have a longer than anticipated sleep. doubt john would have imagined that it would be jayson catching him up. O0
Now showing him nearly 7 miles behind from approaching 8 when he set off.

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #242 on: 21:14:48, 14/01/20 »
Now showing him nearly 7 miles behind from approaching 8 when he set off.
Just watched a few videos on fb and john looked very solemn in gregs hut, even asking if it was downhill all the way(presumably to alston), whereas jayson was laughing and joking as he left alston and even commented that his legs felt good going up cross fell, two very different states of mind but almost the same effect. Eugeni looked in pain with his foot/feet.
"if in doubt, flat out"

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #243 on: 21:26:12, 14/01/20 »
The leader john has done 9miles in about 3hrs, thats fair pace considering where he is. Will take some serious pace to catch him up if he doesnt need much more sleep.
"if in doubt, flat out"

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #244 on: 21:32:03, 14/01/20 »
The leader john has done 9miles in about 3hrs, thats fair pace considering where he is. Will take some serious pace to catch him up if he doesnt need much more sleep.
The trackers now show that Jayson is 6.7 miles behind with his tracker 2 minutes behind John's last update and Jayson is just about to start a downhill bit and then flat for a while from memory.

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #245 on: 22:00:07, 14/01/20 »
The trackers now show that Jayson is 6.7 miles behind with his tracker 2 minutes behind John's last update and Jayson is just about to start a downhill bit and then flat for a while from memory.
Yeah he looks like hes about 2h30 ish behind! Must admit i dont know that area as i "cheated" and went up the south tyne railway to lambley viaduct. It looks likely to be the last night so jayson will have the bit between his teeth!!
"if in doubt, flat out"

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #246 on: 22:08:02, 14/01/20 »
Yeah he looks like hes about 2h30 ish behind! Must admit i dont know that area as i "cheated" and went up the south tyne railway to lambley viaduct. It looks likely to be the last night so jayson will have the bit between his teeth!!
The bit over Featherstone Common can be difficult but if he walks on a bearing he should be OK.  Hadrian's Wall will test their legs!  And the bit after Hadrian's Wall will be WET!

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #247 on: 22:11:23, 14/01/20 »
6.4 miles behind with John's tracker 2 minutes behind.  From memory when Jayson started I said he was nearly 8 miles behind - I think he was 7.7.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #248 on: 22:12:33, 14/01/20 »
And still no mention on BBC Sports.  :-\
Too little, too late, too bad......

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #249 on: 22:17:22, 14/01/20 »
That is because they are preparing for the Cambridge Open Tiddlywinks tournament on 25-26 January! :D

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #250 on: 22:23:32, 14/01/20 »
Too far north now for that! ;D
"if in doubt, flat out"

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #251 on: 22:45:02, 14/01/20 »
Wow, I go out for the evening and Jayson has smashed it.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #252 on: 22:45:37, 14/01/20 »
With the difference now 6.1 miles with John's tracker 2 minutes earlier than Jayson's I am off to bed.  I need more than 2 hours sleep in 2+ days!  Goodnight.  Spiners keep safe.

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #253 on: 22:52:11, 14/01/20 »
Wow, I go out for the evening and Jayson has smashed it.
Yeah hes taken abt 1.6miles outta john since leaving alston, good going if he can keep that up through the night!
"if in doubt, flat out"

staggerindragon

« Reply #254 on: 05:14:06, 15/01/20 »
Just logged in and #264 is having a worrying wander north of the A66.  He was just a bit off track when I left work, and that was hours ago.

When does the point come where officials will go check on racers who are moving but clearly lost?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy