Author Topic: unofficial montane spine/challenger  (Read 27376 times)

harland

• Veteran Member
Re: unofficial montane spine/challenger
« Reply #210 on: 15:25:17, 14/01/20 »
With the latest updates which are very nearly the same. John is c.1.5K ahead of Eugeni and he is c. 1K ahead of Eoin.

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #211 on: 15:50:45, 14/01/20 »
Looks like eugeni stopped at gregs hut for about 10mins, john slowed down maybe a few mins stop to say hello an eoin kept on plodding by. Will see what happens at alston, if they dont stop for too long we will see how good johns nav is on the next section in the dark! Would make perfect sense to wait for eoin and follow him and then power away again along hadrians wall. Eugeni must be in good spirits after falling behind but then catching right up again, even with stopping for longer. Tis guna be a long night shift!!
"if in doubt, flat out"

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #212 on: 15:52:40, 14/01/20 »
Looks like eugeni stopped at gregs hut for about 10mins, john slowed down maybe a few mins stop to say hello an eoin kept on plodding by. Will see what happens at alston, if they dont stop for too long we will see how good johns nav is on the next section in the dark! Would make perfect sense to wait for eoin and follow him and then power away again along hadrians wall. Eugeni must be in good spirits after falling behind but then catching right up again, even with stopping for longer. Tis guna be a long night shift!!
Durgh, sorry got my wires crossed. eugeni slowed whereas john stopped.
"if in doubt, flat out"

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #213 on: 16:11:31, 14/01/20 »
It looks like the Alston checkpoint is the YHA, the site used in previous years caught out lots of contestants.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #214 on: 16:29:56, 14/01/20 »
Eugeni must be in good spirits after falling behind but then catching right up again, even with stopping for longer. Tis guna be a long night shift!!
Eugeni was an hour faster from CP3 to Dufton than John so he managed to get more rest at CP3.He looked in good spirits at High Cup and was moving well.He also seems to have invested in more robust outer clothing!

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #215 on: 17:10:16, 14/01/20 »
Eugeni cutting down on John's lead as they approach Alston.

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #216 on: 17:20:48, 14/01/20 »
Eugeni was an hour faster from CP3 to Dufton than John so he managed to get more rest at CP3.He looked in good spirits at High Cup and was moving well.He also seems to have invested in more robust outer clothing!
Yes i agree. He seems to have a different strategy this year, normally he would run as fast as need be to stay with the leader but this year he has a different plan and its working. John is probably been a bit more cautious now its dark, wont want to make anymore mistakes whilst leading into a check point. The next bit could be the make or break section, always notoriously muddy and route finding tricky in the dark which will slow progress, ideal eoin territory!!
"if in doubt, flat out"

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #217 on: 17:21:12, 14/01/20 »
It looks like the Alston checkpoint is the YHA, the site used in previous years caught out lots of contestants.

It was Alston last year too  O0
Where there's a will ...

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #218 on: 17:24:14, 14/01/20 »
It was Alston last year too  O0
Stupidly I missed last year as I had booked a holiday abroad! :-[

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #219 on: 17:31:59, 14/01/20 »
Last man standing #176 adam jacobs must be really struggling if hes stopped for a bivvy/camp along the cam road in these conditions, going by his last few dots on the tracker he was making slow progress, best of luck to him!!
"if in doubt, flat out"

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #220 on: 17:33:50, 14/01/20 »
Yes i agree. He seems to have a different strategy this year, normally he would run as fast as need be to stay with the leader but this year he has a different plan and its working. John is probably been a bit more cautious now its dark, wont want to make anymore mistakes whilst leading into a check point. The next bit could be the make or break section, always notoriously muddy and route finding tricky in the dark which will slow progress, ideal eoin territory!!
I feel Jasmin took him to a new level last year and gave him a new found confidence.
 Lamberley is going to be horrible after all this rain.Its bad enough in daylight in summer.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #221 on: 17:37:47, 14/01/20 »
Last man standing #176 adam jacobs must be really struggling if hes stopped for a bivvy/camp along the cam road in these conditions, going by his last few dots on the tracker he was making slow progress, best of luck to him!!
He has to have left Hawes by 8.00pm to stay in the race.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #222 on: 17:46:50, 14/01/20 »
He has to have left Hawes by 8.00pm to stay in the race.
Time to call it a day.  I hope that he is OK and that he is in a bivvy or that someone is on the way to check he is well.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #223 on: 18:22:02, 14/01/20 »
I didn't get a chance to have a dot watch from 12.30 until I got home, I have missed a lot. I see Eoin has dropped back with Eugeni and John in the lead at Alston. I wonder who will leave first.
Hate will never win

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #224 on: 18:25:08, 14/01/20 »
John has just left.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy