Author Topic: Table Mountain  (Read 710 times)

Lazar

Table Mountain
« on: 15:34:27, 21/06/19 »
Hi has anyone done the hike up Table Mountain, I'm going in January wanting to know of any company that you can recommend and is it worth a full day out. Thanks

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
Re: Table Mountain
« Reply #1 on: 16:58:33, 21/06/19 »
Hi has anyone done the hike up Table Mountain, I'm going in January wanting to know of any company that you can recommend and is it worth a full day out. Thanks

Its 30+ years since I 'did' Table Mountain so cannot recommend anyone.

Yes - Its well worth doing but you could always take the cable car up and walk back down.

(We had a factory in Jo'berg, and a regional warehouse and offices in Cape Town)

Just had a look at the Cable Car - its 190 rand 'single' (about £10)

Lazar

« Reply #2 on: 17:34:12, 21/06/19 »
Thanks

Guy

« Reply #3 on: 12:40:59, 22/06/19 »
I assume you mean Table Mountain in Cape Town and not in in the Brecon Beacons?

I walked up it about 10 years ago (Platteklip Gorge) - straightforward walk no need to get a company.  We walked up, joined the rest of our friends and got the cable car down with them.

Warbler

« Reply #4 on: 13:07:14, 22/06/19 »

I walked up it about 10 years ago (Platteklip Gorge) - straightforward walk no need to get a company.  We walked up, joined the rest of our friends and got the cable car down with them.

I also walked up Platteklip Gorge, back in the mid '80's, and like you say it's pretty straightforward, as I recall. We didn't use a company either, but we did have a local guy with us who knew the mountain very well. Took the cable car down.

Fantastic views of the whole peninsular as you walk around the plateau, so long as "the tablecloth" is not laid.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy