Author Topic: Mud free boots in the Central Fells.......surely not?  (Read 1455 times)

jontea

• Veteran Member
It wasn't the clearest of days for walking the fell tops, but for me it was more important just to be out walking again.

http://johntrowsdale.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-central-fells-of-lakeland.html

Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

pleb

• Veteran Member
Re: Mud free boots in the Central Fells.......surely not?
« Reply #1 on: 20:57:36, 08/06/18 »
No mud? Rubbish!  ;D
Go back and do it again when its sopping!  ;D
Will have a look next week at the pics, my old lappy is going blotchy trying to cope with your blog. :D  Ruddy machine.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:14:55, 08/06/18 »
Mud or no mud - good to see you're out there again :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

photonut

« Reply #3 on: 22:06:29, 08/06/18 »
Superb TR Jontea. Great pics too of what can, I guess, be a rather grim place. The Pewits certainly were no fun when I negotiated em’.

Funny though, I really liked Armboth (it was sunny by that point).

Love the Chrissy prezzie. Is it easy to use?

Cheers
Lee

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:39:45, 08/06/18 »
Superb TR Jontea. Great pics too of what can, I guess, be a rather grim place. The Pewits certainly were no fun when I negotiated em’.

Funny though, I really liked Armboth (it was sunny by that point).

Love the Chrissy prezzie. Is it easy to use?

Cheers
Lee

Thanks Lee, erm to my shame I haven’t spent a lot of time playing with the watch. There are a lot of features on it and like most new stuff, it takes a bit of getting to grips with.
However I do need my glasses on to see and use the compass, ;D    
But I do like the barometer and altimeter  O0

Instagram  jontea62

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 23:26:04, 08/06/18 »
Great report and pics, and wonderful to see you back out.

Shame the weather wasn't great, though I've never heard of it being dry up there some of those deep boot prints are mine.

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 08:31:27, 09/06/18 »
No mud? Rubbish!  ;D
Go back and do it again when its sopping!  ;D
Will have a look next week at the pics, my old lappy is going blotchy trying to cope with your blog. :D  Ruddy machine.

;D

Mud or no mud - good to see you're out there again :)

Thanks Jac, I’m feeling great at the moment  O0

Great report and pics, and wonderful to see you back out.

Shame the weather wasn't great, though I've never heard of it being dry up there some of those deep boot prints are mine.

Thanks Mark, I almost feel I cheated after the stories and photos I’ve heard and seen of walkers stuck in mud up to their knees up there. While I just skipped over most of it effortlessly he he  :) 

What I was really pleased about was how well I felt after the walk, and in general.
I actually now feel fitter than before my op. It’s only four months but I am now feeling the benefit.  O0

Instagram  jontea62

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:01:58, 09/06/18 »
A most enjoyable TR Johntea, it must be a great feeling to be out again and on the way to greater walks.

But:- now listen here, this poor fell has a reputation to maintain. Everybody knows that its real challenge is negotiating the ridge in clag after a wet spell and remaining dryshod, we can't have reports like this. Many would demand disqualification from any summits reached on such an outrageous outing!.

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 21:02:35, 09/06/18 »

But:- now listen here, this poor fell has a reputation to maintain. Everybody knows that its real challenge is negotiating the ridge in clag after a wet spell and remaining dryshod, we can't have reports like this. Many would demand disqualification from any summits reached on such an outrageous outing!.

;D ;D ;D ........shhhh I’ll keep it quiet if you do........very sorry  ;)

Instagram  jontea62

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 19:33:53, 10/06/18 »
Great to see you report a trip to the Lake District jontea  O0 Shame the weather wasn't great. At least the ground was dry, I think because of all the midges you suffered you shouldn't be disqualified  ;)

Hate will never win

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 22:17:49, 10/06/18 »
Great write-up jontea.  Glad to see you're getting out and about and feeling in fine fettle after your op.  Pity you didn't get the views though as they are rather nice.  When I did Walla/Bleaberry/High Seat I had great views but lots of mud, so I'm quite envious of your under-foot conditions  ;D

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 10:27:35, 11/06/18 »
Pink flowers look like wild thyme? Difficult to be sure...............struggling to see.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 12:41:47, 11/06/18 »
Great TR, Jontea - glad you're back on form after the surgery. Shame about the low cloud but sounds like you had a cracking day out even so.

O0

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 21:45:55, 11/06/18 »
Great to see you report a trip to the Lake District jontea  O0 Shame the weather wasn't great. At least the ground was dry, I think because of all the midges you suffered you shouldn't be disqualified  ;)
Thanks April, great to be out again, but those piggin Midges got right up my nose.....literally  :o

Great write-up jontea.  Glad to see you're getting out and about and feeling in fine fettle after your op.  Pity you didn't get the views though as they are rather nice.  When I did Walla/Bleaberry/High Seat I had great views but lots of mud, so I'm quite envious of your under-foot conditions  ;D

I almost feel cheated of the mud and views. I say almost  ;D

But thanks Mel  O0

Great TR, Jontea - glad you're back on form after the surgery. Shame about the low cloud but sounds like you had a cracking day out even so.

O0

I had a brilliant day thanks adalard, it was more important to me to be getting active again regardless of the weather. Feeling good and looking forward to the next one  O0

Instagram  jontea62

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy