Author Topic: Another Tree Photo Thread  (Read 14497 times)

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
Another Tree Photo Thread
« on: 10:52:37, 22/02/17 »

Last year 13/03/16 we had an excellent thread for photos of trees, unfortunately the original thread has been spoilt because photos have dropped off so I have set up a new one................

So post your tree photos here.

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
Re: Another Tree Photo Thread
« Reply #1 on: 10:54:24, 22/02/17 »
Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor, nature and water

Pine trees just of the Cleveland Way

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:21:45, 22/02/17 »
I really love trees! When hiking there is nothing better when resting, than lying under a tree looking up through the leaves and branches. I always find it magical, sends my imagination into overdrive!

I'd love to post a tree but unfortunately have never worked out how to send a photo to the site.

For me generally, either on my phone, or on my PC, I can never get my head around 'photos'. Its a whole subject matter that eludes me.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:08:46, 22/02/17 »
Good timing MWM.........As they are starting to bud up and will soon become fully clothed.

A wintry nude tree in chilly exposure to precede the luscious spring greenery.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:28:03, 22/02/17 »
Saw this topic at lunchtime on my phone and assumed the first pic wasn't displaying properly cos I was on my phone, but now I'm on my computer it still looks the same.  Not sure what's happened but all I can see is blurry yellow and green stripes  :(

Nice naked tree in the snow though BWW, we've not had anything resembling winter here yet  :'(

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:40:14, 23/02/17 »
BWW-Great shot of winter trees is it monochrome?

Mel-Thanks for the feedback.

At the mo I am on a bit of a high with my photography cos the last three comps I have entered I have got an equal first, an outright winner and last monday I got a third place.

One of the first things you learn when you start entering comps is that you can never please all the people all the time. This is especially true when you try to do something different.

After the monochrome comp last monday I was talking to one of our proffessional photographers, she had entered a superb quality A3 print. I thought it was easily the best print of the night, far superior to my efforts BUT the judge had slammed it, I was suprised.

She told me that she had already sold several copies of this print to her clients who loved it so she was not really bothered BUT it just goes to show how fickle folks are.

As I have said before I never put my comp stuff on here so you guys get the rejects BUT I am still always keen to get feedback especially when I try something a little bit away from the norm.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 10:57:58, 23/02/17 »
Not monochrome, as took. Might have tightened the levels a bit bit I can't remember, just had it hanging around in Photobucket.
Well done in your photo-comp forays. In my working days I made decor packages for pubs, hotels etc, did some picture framing as I had all the equipment so I can sympathize with the disparity between that which different people actually see. Even if they consider themselves to have a trained eye.

By the way, if we are on trees don't forget 'bark',

WUFF WUFF !!!!!!

BWW

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 12:22:18, 23/02/17 »
By the way, if we are on trees don't forget 'bark',

Exactly there is more to trees than trees

Tomo

« Reply #8 on: 14:05:40, 23/02/17 »

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 18:11:25, 23/02/17 »
Image may contain: cloud, sky, mountain, outdoor and nature

One of my fave tree's in the North of England.........

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 19:51:30, 23/02/17 »
Ahh, glad to see you got your upload problems sorted out MWM.  That last one is much clearer  O0

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 09:54:12, 24/02/17 »

As I have said before I never put my comp stuff on here so you guys get the rejects BUT I am still always keen to get feedback especially when I try something a little bit away from the norm.

I feel soooooooo honoured that we're not good enough to see your "best" photos and have to settle for your "reject" photos  ::) ::)
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 10:06:43, 24/02/17 »
Where is that tree then?  O0
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 10:24:40, 24/02/17 »
Seen in the Cinema and walked under it  O0
BWW

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 11:08:26, 24/02/17 »
Where is that tree then?  O0

Its on Hadrians Wall made famous from the opening clip of the film Prince of thieves where Kevin Costner meets his merry men.

In the Toon if you mention Hadrians wall to any Geordie they always mention Robin Hoods Tree.

Its also home to 2 superb climbing venues, Peel Crag and Crag Lough, when I worked in Newcastle I got to love this area. I teamed up with the locals and spent a couple of after work evenings here each week thro the summer.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy