Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 930 times)

rabdoc

« on: 19:11:00, 29/03/09 »
Hello everyone
My wife and myself have only just started Hiking,you might say a bit late since we are both in our early fifties, so far we have only done well marked out local walks, but by the end of the summer we would like to have done one Wainwright and Monro. We would be gratefull for any suggestions.
« Last Edit: 19:22:20, 29/03/09 by rabdoc »

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: 19:36:30, 29/03/09 »
Hi rabdoc, welcome to the forum!

It's never too late to take up a new hobby and this forum is full of useful information and knowledgeable people to help you get the best out of it. O0 If you're only going to do one Wainwright then the great man himself would probably suggest Haystacks as that was his favourite Lakeland fell. I'm not really up on Munros so I'll let someone else suggest a good one for you.
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

rabdoc

« Reply #2 on: 21:14:29, 31/03/09 »
Hi Peakbagger

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion of Haystacks we also thought of Cat Bells as the great man said it suitable for kids and grandparents ;D

Rabdoc

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:48:50, 31/03/09 »
I've done neither Haystacks nor Cat Bells, I'm only just starting out in the Lakes really, but my understanding is that Cat Bells is popular with families. Not too high but offering some lovely Lakeland views. O0

Whatever you do I hope you have a great time and be sure to let us know how you got on. O0
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

kEySTONe

« Reply #4 on: 23:52:47, 31/03/09 »
Hi Peakbagger

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion of Haystacks we also thought of Cat Bells as the great man said it suitable for kids and grandparents ;D

Rabdoc

Hi Rabdoc
Cat Bells is a fabulous hill walk with great views, in the summer ;D. But can get extremely windy in places!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j45/eomer888/outdoors/DSCN1028.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j45/eomer888/outdoors/DSCN0973.jpg

Just get out there!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy