Author Topic: ME Lhotse & Dannah Alpine jacket  (Read 3105 times)

nesty

Re: ME Lhotse & Dannah Alpine jacket
« Reply #15 on: 19:26:17, 29/12/18 »
My Helki and my the Paramo stuff is ok as long, as tech wash regularly (do TX Direct annually). I have Paramo cargos which are really comfortable, though again went to wash them over Christmas, purged the washing machine of detergent (only have access to a shared washing machine, so have to do a few water rinses beforehand to make sure) and then realised I ran out of tech wash.  >:( . I know I should of checked before I done that!

I just would prefer another jacket (a shell), which I know has good dependable review and is certainly breathable, as I run hot!

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 23:36:43, 29/12/18 »

Really, I didn't think that the Rupal was Gortex Pro? In the video it said it did not use Gortex pro. Though I can get that for £180 from Go, as a competitor is selling that for £200!

Just to confirm - the Rupal is not Gore Tex Pro. No reason to suspect that it isn't a perfectly decent jacket, though.
« Last Edit: 23:41:55, 29/12/18 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

nesty

« Reply #17 on: 23:56:28, 29/12/18 »

Just to confirm - the Rupal is not Gore Tex Pro. No reason to suspect that it isn't a perfectly decent jacket, though.

Thanks. I didn't think it was, as stated that in the ME video, like you say it doesn't mean it's not a decent jacket. Tho, I feel if have to spend near £200 or over I want to get the best. I have submitted a price match to Go for £234, if that's approved then out comes the CC!

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 08:45:15, 30/12/18 »
If I was willing to spend the money I'd like one of those Berghaus Hyper shells which are like 100g as a backup or 2nd option.

You definitely need a shell for summer anyway. Couldn't wear any of my Paramo past Spring.

I'm happy using the Lhotse in summer - it is perfectly light enough in my opinion, and I don't overheat in it.

nesty

« Reply #19 on: 12:45:14, 30/12/18 »

I'm happy using the Lhotse in summer - it is perfectly light enough in my opinion, and I don't overheat in it.

It sounds like a true 4 season jackets, just got to decide what colour. 

Lazar

« Reply #20 on: 15:01:02, 30/12/18 »
Just bought a Lhotse its quality.

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 11:15:53, 31/12/18 »

I have a shell for summer. What I'd like is a super light one as a backup or option to my Paramo in colder weather.

nesty

« Reply #22 on: 01:55:54, 01/01/19 »
Gonna try and get to the shops this week to try on the Lhotse, though would people say who own one the sizing is spot on, as the design is Alpine fit, did anyone have to shift up a size to accommodate base layers or winter garments?

Lazar

« Reply #23 on: 02:20:20, 01/01/19 »
I didn’t a large fits perfect for me.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 08:23:06, 01/01/19 »
.. did anyone have to shift up a size to accommodate base layers or winter garments?

Large suits me just fine, but best to try one on, as you suggest, especially when you are spending that amount of money.
I strongly suspect that it is designed with winter garments in mind; appropriate for what is designed as a winter/alpine jacket.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 10:30:09, 01/01/19 »

Thanks I thought that was the Jacket I had bought. Obviously it is not.  Does any one know which ME shell jackets are Gortex Pro? Or does the Elhotse come with just two pockets?

Forgive the confusion. When I bought mine I simply asked the assistant in Cotswold Outdoors for a shell jacket that would not leak and they sold me one in Gortex pro, with two pockets at the front and a emblem on it that I later discovered was Mountain Equipment's logo.  Previously every jacket I had picked out myself had started leaking after a few good soakings, so this time, the only thing I actually looked for was the Gortex Pro TM.

So far it's is a great shell, what ever I have.  ;)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 11:26:55, 01/01/19 »
So if in doubt. Put your reading glasses on and read the label.   Turns out I bought this jacket.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_JqXbyKDk

https://www.tauntonleisure.com/men-s-janak-jacket-cosmos.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Adwords&utm_content=Shopping&135=11&aid=41317&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_u6agLvM3wIVir3tCh29-w-6EAQYAiABEgKe6fD_BwE

A Mountain Equipment, Janak Jacket.

Appears to be well priced, but what do I know about jackets, LoL  ;D
« Last Edit: 11:43:02, 01/01/19 by BuzyG »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy