Author Topic: Trossachs weather patterns  (Read 981 times)

henryb

• Veteran Member
Trossachs weather patterns
« on: 15:30:23, 04/06/16 »
I'm checking mountain forecast every day for my trip to Arrochar. I noticed on mountain forecast that on wednesday afternoon Ben Ledi is to get 8 millimetres of rain, however, at the same time, for the Cobbler, no rain is forecasted; it is very sunny. I have experienced in the Lake district sunny skies in the eastern fells while the western and southern fells are covered in cloud. Can the same weather pattern exist in the Trossachs where certain regions can experience sunshine and others regions have rain at the same time? Thanks, Henry

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Trossachs weather patterns
« Reply #1 on: 15:57:16, 04/06/16 »
I think any region, mountainous or not, can experience that sort of weather pattern Henry.  On the Peaks Meet in April, we were walking in glorious sunshine for most of the walk whilst snow/hail storms were funnelling their way down the valley next to us.  Even locally where I live (the flat lands of East Yorkshire) I can leave glorious sunshine and drive 10 miles west into cloud/rain.

Owen

• Veteran Member
Re: Trossachs weather patterns
« Reply #2 on: 18:52:32, 04/06/16 »
I don't know of any forecast that can be that accurate for the next day let alone five days away.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy