Author Topic: For sale; Helm 2 tent. Wild Country. WITHDRAWN.  (Read 1470 times)

Pitboot

https://ibb.co/p4HsQ2q

https://ibb.co/Pm1D4Xc

https://ibb.co/5nCZ2Fm

Used one night in the summer. Comes with footprint too. Weight all in , 2.6kg.

I am offering to forum members at £130 posted in the UK. Offer open until Saturday 21st December, then it goes on ebay. Payment by bank transfer preferred as paypal stings you for fees.
I am 5'11" and found it too confining as my feet and head touched the inner when two of us were in it. My wife thinks it's too small, full stop, so it's a roomy one man tent really. Easy to put up though. There is a pole repair tube in the kit too.  

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: For sale; Helm 2 tent. Wild Country.
« Reply #1 on: 10:12:41, 18/12/19 »
I'm sorry, it can't be me. I looked long and hard at your Helm but in the end, I've decided to stick with my present tent until next year. I have a Zepyros One and it has one important weakness and I've concluded this is part of the Helm design as well. When the nylon fabric tent tubes are wet inside from dew and/or rain the danger is that the poles, if not evenly spread across its length BEFORE the owner bends the poles into an arc, one or more of the poles may snap. This happened to me, I was careless with my Zephyros One pole, I pushed it through the wet sleeves, but not fully through, and as I tried to bend the poles to fit into the eyelets, CRACK, one pole snapped in two. I had assumed the poles would slide through properly no matter what the weather, but they didn't.

In dry conditions this is not a problem at all, the poles slide very easily in the tubes. I'm sure that the Helm is a great tent so I hope you sell it soon.

Pitboot

Re: For sale; Helm 2 tent. Wild Country.
« Reply #2 on: 13:53:36, 18/12/19 »
I am very sorry that you have had problems with your tent, and I am sure that alloy, and other, poles break for various reasons. But I cannot see how your negative post is relevant to my offer.

I will now withdraw my item from sale as this is the only response so far. Thank you very much.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: For sale; Helm 2 tent. Wild Country. WITHDRAWN.
« Reply #3 on: 19:52:27, 18/12/19 »
Good luck with it on ebay, pitboot.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 11:41:07, 19/12/19 »
I can only offer my apologies, I offered my information in the belief that it was a bit of positive information to offer any buyer. If I tried to sell my Zepyros One I would certainly offer a prospective buyer this information, I would not like for them to come back at me complaining that I didn't tell them everything about my tent. The matter which I highlighted is easy to solve when the sleeves are wet inside. All that's needed is to use thumb and forefinger along the pole to get the material position in the correct place so the arc can shape itself properly. If the tension along it is not evenly distributed a broken pole could be the end result. As I stated before, when the sleeves are dry this is not a problem at all. I learned from my own folly and it could apply to anyone who owns an arc type tent, it's just a small matter to be aware of. If a pole snaps like mine did and the owner has no means to repair it 'on the spot' then the tent will collapse and for that night the individual(s) will have to use it as a bivi or come up with an instant alternative plan.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:41:29, 19/12/19 »
Beefy has had a Wild Country Zeph one for many years and we also had a couple of Zeph two models that we used for a number of years. We have never had the problem that GWM describes.

I'm sure you will sell your Wild Country Helm 2 on ebay, it is a good price for the tent.
Hate will never win

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:04:12, 19/12/19 »
We already have too many tents
Otherwise I might be interested
Good luck O0
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy