Author Topic: newbie here  (Read 5314 times)

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
newbie here
« on: 20:56:02, 04/09/06 »
Hi everyone new here. I do a lot of walking in the Yorkshire and the lakes.   But would love to start walking else where and see new place's to explore can anyone suggest anywhere else to go.
« Last Edit: 18:34:36, 06/09/06 by walkinggirluk »
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
Re: newbie here
« Reply #1 on: 22:08:14, 07/09/06 »
OK i know there lot's of places to go and see  and I've read up on them I've climbed mountain like Ben Nevis which taken me 5 hours 30 Min's up and down with half an hour break at the top . I've also done Snowdon and scarfell pike which taken me 3 hours 20 Min's not bad for a first timer in the mountains i must stay.  But i would like to try other place's around england and Europe which I've never done before as i only just started walking this year and found it very relaxing stress free as they call it.
« Last Edit: 22:11:49, 07/09/06 by walkinggirluk »
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

garytombom

« Reply #2 on: 13:48:37, 03/11/06 »
Hi walkinggirl
If youve got a head for heights and dont mind scrambling then I suggest you try Tryfan in Snowdonia. Did it last October and Im a novice. Its one of the best experiences youll have. Park the car at the bottom and its all scramble up 3000ft.
Live today like its your last.

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:38:10, 03/11/06 »
Hi again graytombom welcome to the forum here some others forum  you could check out Ramblers association and Outdoorsmagic Hiking Forums.com  which are useful. On advice hiking forum is not as good. But you could check it out 

clean it bin it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy