Author Topic: Best one weekish walk for wild camping uk  (Read 7084 times)

WestCoastLiving

Re: Best one weekish walk for wild camping uk
« Reply #15 on: 08:20:04, 30/08/20 »
The Pembrokeshire Coastal Path!
Exploring The Pembrokeshire Coast | Westcoastliving.net [nofollow] | VBlogger

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 12:13:46, 30/08/20 »
Thinking about it more in Kent there is the Greensand Way, The High Weald Trail and the Sussex Border Path all going east to west or west to east. My favourite would be the High Weald Trail. Go to Rye and walk to Horsham, railway at both ends, or do it the other way around, so very easy, so very easy to wild camp as well.

Squacco

« Reply #17 on: 20:48:41, 29/03/21 »
Cleveland Way. 104 miles .I had no problems finding a good quiet wild camp on or close to the path..You can start in Filey or Helmsley.. I prefer Filey start along the lovely coast path to Saltburn where the path takes a complete change of scenery and cuts across the North York Moors for approx 50 miles  .No problems carrying supplies or water from Filey to Saltburn as you have no need to carry anything other than a few snacks as there are holiday towns and villages all the way along .Different matter though across the North York moors where you would have to carry two and a half  days worth of both water and food and still struggle to find anything other than a cafe at the popular Sutton view point  as there seems to be little available..Many pubs closed, no shops in most  villages .Last time on Urra moor on a hot day I was reduced to knocking on a friendly villagers door to top up my water  from his outside tap . Cleveland way is underused now .Many groups do it the "modern way " staying at nightly B and B s with a taxi pick up and dropped off with luggage sent forward to the next nights B and B..

WILDWALKINGUK

« Reply #18 on: 15:52:35, 26/04/21 »
Hi.
Cumbria Way is a nice reasonably easy walk, interesting and best one for wild-camping. I didn't do the whole route with the kids as link copied here. But did the rest on my Lejog and 3 peaks walk. I have wild-camped all over the UK but it's sometimes difficult to find appropriate places to stop. The Lake District and Scotland are the easiest places to wild-camp.
 https://wildwalkinguk.com/2019/01/27/the-cumbria-way-with-children/

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy