Author Topic: Raven Crag  (Read 2688 times)

April

• Veteran Member
Re: Raven Crag
« Reply #15 on: 18:25:43, 08/02/18 »
There was a funny afterwards though - as you know the path to Watendlath descends from the peak of High Tove so I had to go there to make my descent.  When I got there, there was a middle aged couple having a rest and a sandwich on the peak (summit slugs).  I touched the cairn  and the guy looked at me and asked whether I had noticed if it was at all boggy on the way to High Seat.  I was literally covered from head to toe - my boots were full of peat, the pockets of my jacket were full of peat, my red hat was black, my face was streaked, my hands were covered.  I may have lost my normal equanimity because I told him it was fine underfoot but that I had soiled myself, and hence my appearance. We didn't chat for long.

And you seemed like such a nice bloke  :o  ;D
Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 18:33:01, 08/02/18 »
I am rarely anything but cheery when walking, but sometimes the inner devil takes over  :)

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 18:45:27, 08/02/18 »

There was a funny afterwards though - as you know the path to Watendlath descends from the peak of High Tove so I had to go there to make my descent.  When I got there, there was a middle aged couple having a rest and a sandwich on the peak (summit slugs).  I touched the cairn  and the guy looked at me and asked whether I had noticed if it was at all boggy on the way to High Seat.  I was literally covered from head to toe - my boots were full of peat, the pockets of my jacket were full of peat, my red hat was black, my face was streaked, my hands were covered.  I may have lost my normal equanimity because I told him it was fine underfoot but that I had soiled myself, and hence my appearance. We didn't chat for long.  
quote[/size]
And you seemed like such a nice bloke  :o ;D 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Brilliant lmao
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 18:51:37, 08/02/18 »
sometimes the inner devil takes over  :)

It is nice to let them out once in a while  >:D
Hate will never win

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 07:58:03, 09/02/18 »
Great stuff, Pdstsp  O0  The view down Thirlmere and the one of Skiddaw especially!  :)

There was a Mountain Rescue report in the Dark Peak very recently about attending someone who'd become stuck fast in a bog near Dovestones Reservoir. I do a lot of walking on the moors around here so that thought is one that's always at the forefront of my mind. I'm sure a mishap like that could be particularly dangerous at this time of year if you were alone, as it wouldn't take very long for the body temperature to drop.

Oxenhoper

« Reply #20 on: 23:47:01, 09/02/18 »
Stunning photos pdstsp  O0

The silly norberts who support the 8 Zip Wire proposals across Thirlmere who give "man made reservoir" as an excuse to destroy this area must not have been up here.

The ground between High Seat and High Tove is awful  :)

But it did inspire some of Wainwright's most amusing remarks!
Oxenhoper was born in Burnley but had the sense to move somewhere nicer at the age of five days.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy