Author Topic: Dog found on Scafell  (Read 1129 times)

rural roamer

• Veteran Member

ron6632

Re: Dog found on Scafell
« Reply #1 on: 15:30:37, 22/05/15 »
Bloomin' eck.  We must be psychic  ;D   Post the same thread seconds apart  :)

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:46:17, 22/05/15 »
And I was just about to. Hope the owner comes forward.
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:31:47, 23/05/15 »
Owner found - was local farm dog!
Pity the police didn't (apparently) direct the finders to the dog warden and that it wasn't microchipped. It's ging to cost the farmer a bit to get him back from Scotland
Someone picked up my dog years ago in the scottish highlands. They called into the local petrol station asking for the police station, there isn't one, as his tag had an Exeter address. The garage owner recognised the dog and told them to take it back where they found it and let it go. Luckily they did. He ambled home ( the house can't be seen from where they were picnicking) and I was none the wiser til we called in for petrol next day in my little van and Stan said 'He was riding in a big volvo yesterday'
If whoever picked him up is reading this - thank you for caring for him - no mobile phones/microchips then.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:30:01, 27/05/15 »
Its my view that the finder should take the dog back at his own expense NOT the farmers. I know it was well intentioned but the mistake was entirely the finder's.

route2rock

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 00:22:25, 28/05/15 »
Surely if you find a dog, and you decide it needs looking after, you would take it to a local place?

Why take it all the way north to Scotland?  I mean, If i found a lost child, I wouldn't take it to a police station miles and miles away? :D
Find out what I've been up to @ http://www.instagram.com/route2rock :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy