Author Topic: HI from ESSEX  (Read 1435 times)

Themightyrat

HI from ESSEX
« on: 19:42:31, 10/05/17 »
HI there from me to you.
 been walking/hiking for around 4 years now.member of a couple of walking groups and am a current member of the ramblers association. from essex .look forward to hearing from you all.

John Walker

Re: HI from ESSEX
« Reply #1 on: 21:53:44, 10/05/17 »
Welcome from West London. Know any good walks in the London /Essex areas?

Best Wishes!
http://www.greenlives.org.uk/walk.html
National Trails completed: SWCP, Thames, SDW and NDW

buntonn

« Reply #2 on: 08:08:25, 11/05/17 »
Welcome from a fellow Essex member, I am new here myself and only recently taken up hiking/hill walking. What part of Essex are you from? I have been looking at a couple of the local groups.

Nick

Desperately trying to escape and venture in the wild outdoors...

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:08:42, 11/05/17 »
Hi and welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Themightyrat

« Reply #4 on: 08:32:07, 11/05/17 »
Thanks for the welcome.
 Although essex is quite flat there are some lovely places to walk. For me north essex is my favourite and the essex /suffolk border in my opinion is stunning.If you look at a map i go anywhere from  chelmsford up to ipswich and accross from manningtree over to saffron walden. The dedham vale is beautiful and is an AONB area, dedham,flatford,stoke by nayland and polstead are a few places which i go to frequently  but you also have so much more around.loads of little hamlets and plenty of tiny little country pubs hidden away from most passing trade. bures,toppesfield,long melford, the belchamps are nice which are west of my area,then you have maningtree ,bradfield wix,shotley,chelmondiston all east.also around chelmsford and colchester themselves there are lovely places just 10 minutes out of the town centres themselves. i am from chelmsford but now live in witham and go to at least one of the above mentioned places every weekend walking. NICK,i am a member of hike essex and also the stour walking group,these cover both my areas and hike essex also do south essex, southend,romford and some of the outer london areas.
    hope you find this info usefull, simon.

Themightyrat

« Reply #5 on: 09:10:20, 11/05/17 »
oh and nick.i see you are from Benfleet, in hike Essex there are loads from your neck of the woods.

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:04:29, 11/05/17 »
Hi and welcome from fellow  Essex resident
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

MarkT

« Reply #7 on: 23:04:41, 11/05/17 »
Hi from another Essex boy! Colchester.

I do hardly any walking round my way, I do my walking in The Lakes. Maybe I should consider some local walking groups and explore closer to home.

oczo81

« Reply #8 on: 07:58:08, 12/05/17 »
Hi and welcome from Saffron Walden. It`s true that if you don`t mind fairly flat terrain there are very nice places to walk around here.

Bradders

« Reply #9 on: 23:00:11, 13/05/17 »
Essex here also! 👍🏼
Want to get out of this concrete jungle!!

buntonn

« Reply #10 on: 16:51:40, 19/05/17 »
oh and nick.i see you are from Benfleet, in hike Essex there are loads from your neck of the woods.

Thanks, I will check that out!

For other Essex members, on my doorstep is the Hadleigh Park where the Olympic Mountain Bike track is near Hadleigh castle, its a nice place with some hills for a walk.
Desperately trying to escape and venture in the wild outdoors...

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 18:30:15, 19/05/17 »
Danbury and Little Baddow are great areas for walking in Essex with lots of National Trust and Essex Wildlife Trust areas. Plently of woods and commons adjoining each other plus a few ups and downs.
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy