Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1174 times)

welshwalker123

Hello
« on: 18:39:42, 19/05/20 »
Hi all,
just wanted to say thank you for letting me join the site, I like to walk and having more time to do it now,  ::) I can indulge as often as my old legs will let me.  I live on the coast of Mid Wales, so have a good variety of routes and terrains around me.  I also am a keen wild-camper and enjoy combining this with walking.

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: 18:50:33, 19/05/20 »
Welcome ,enjoy the forum or try to
It's all uphill from here.

welshwalker123

« Reply #2 on: 18:52:06, 19/05/20 »
Haha, I'll give it a go..... :)

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:23:13, 19/05/20 »
Welcome from Manchester  :)

We've had many excellent wild camps on our backpacks in Wales, including the mid and west regions. A few routes are planned but are now on hold of course, and for a long time in our case since we now rely on public transport.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:23:20, 19/05/20 »
Welcome from Aberdeenshire. In the past I have visited Wales quite a few time and have walked the Gower peninsula, Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia. I have also been to Anglesey, Conwy, Llandudno and Aberystwyth. I have outlaws (oops in-laws) in South Wales.

welshwalker123

« Reply #5 on: 19:28:03, 19/05/20 »
I live in Aberystwyth, so have plenty of coastal walks, cliff walks and beach walks, but I also like to walk inland as we have the open moorland surrounding Aberystwyth, and Snowdonia just to the North.  At the moment Wales is shut. :-[   But soon I reckon we can again enjoy gods own country!

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 12:52:35, 22/05/20 »
Welcome to the forum from the southern edge of the Lake District.
You've got some good country on your doorstep.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

welshwalker123

« Reply #7 on: 09:54:52, 23/05/20 »
Thank you all for the warm welcome, although at this time we are still under very severe restrictions in Wales, it is a beautiful sunny day even if a little windy.  So boots on, fleece in the backpack with coffee and a snack bar, and off we go for a bimble around the Rheidol estuary.  Only 6 miles or thereabouts round walk on the flat.  But much better than saturday tv.  I hope evryone else is doing well and able to enjoy, where possible, the lovely bank holiday weather.Stay safe out there  O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 13:05:35, 23/05/20 »
A slightly belated welcome from Devon :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy