Author Topic: Summer "Spine" race  (Read 5599 times)

harland

• Veteran Member
Re: Summer "Spine" race
« Reply #30 on: 14:09:59, 29/06/17 »
Seems to have stopped or there's an issue with his tracker, two others well ahead of him now and almost at Hen Hole hut.
I think he stopped at Hut 1 for quite a while for a rest/sleep/dry/food/feet.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 14:11:24, 29/06/17 »
Raj is back on PW track again.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 16:38:55, 29/06/17 »
They might have diverted the route due to the bad conditions on Brownrigg Head.
Others are now going the same way so, as you mentioned, there must be bad conditions on Brownrigg Head.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 17:11:05, 29/06/17 »
Congratulations to the first two to finish.  Perhaps they will try the winter one when the conditions won't be as bad  ;) - didn't mean it, I know that is a lot harder.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 19:11:46, 29/06/17 »
 A rather dramatic race with a sprint finish.Gary Morrison looks secure in third place despite the  two runners behind him closing in fast.

forest view

« Reply #35 on: 01:38:13, 30/06/17 »
It looks like Charl & Raj are`` doing the Cheviot`` I wonder if some of the rescue team in the second hut will come to get them back on track.
www.forestviewbyrness.co.uk 
# 1 place to stay in Byrness (Tripadvisor)

forest view

« Reply #36 on: 01:48:05, 30/06/17 »
No they have thought better of it and have come back, very sensible chaps save that for a day walk.
www.forestviewbyrness.co.uk 
# 1 place to stay in Byrness (Tripadvisor)

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 20:29:48, 10/07/17 »
I was volunteering for the early days of the races. Times were of course faster on average than during the Winter, due to the extra daylight hours and much lighter pack weight. Still there were some testing times during bad weather and racers with commanding leads failing to finish, whilst most were not racing but as usual just happy to finish. Pavel went very well to and beyond halfway, but his fast pace could not be maintained so retired af Greenhead, after the realisation that the record was out of reach.
I think that the Summer Spine Flare (Edale to Hawes) in particular will take off massively, they have over 200 showing an interest already for the 2018 race.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy