Author Topic: Awful news on the Appalachian Trail  (Read 865 times)

dank86

Awful news on the Appalachian Trail
« on: 00:44:47, 13/05/19 »
I've been following this developing story and was worried that the police were not saying the condition of the male hiker who was attacked, sadly he has died and the female is in a severe  condition.

The murder is know to the police he was arrested several weeks ago for threatening hikers with a large knife, and before that police were called about his threatening behaviour.

https://www.backpacker.com/news-and-events/appalachian-trail-attack

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
Re: Awful news on the Appalachian Trail
« Reply #1 on: 17:04:00, 13/05/19 »
Another reason to stay at home, and enjoy what is on offer here in the Uk.

Not that these incredibly rare instances of attack on foreign tourists, would put me off travelling abroad, but just look what's on offer in the great outdoors here in the Uk.

Why really the need to go abroad.

dank86

« Reply #2 on: 17:14:13, 13/05/19 »
I would like to do the A.T. but yea we have some great trails here (I've got 3 long ones that start/finish near me)

Incidents line this are very rare, just awful he was in police custody a few weeks back

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:14:25, 13/05/19 »
Another reason to stay at home, and enjoy what is on offer here in the Uk.

Not that these incredibly rare instances of attack on foreign tourists, would put me off travelling abroad, but just look what's on offer in the great outdoors here in the Uk.

Why really the need to go abroad.
There are many things we can see abroad that we cannot see in the UK - different landscapes, wildlife, cultures to name a few. I for one am not going to become an isolationist, locked away behind the barricades on our small island. There is plenty to see here, but so much more to see and many more people to meet abroad.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy