Author Topic: How narrow is Bwlch Main (Rhyd-ddu path up Snowdon)?  (Read 14160 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: How narrow is Bwlch Main (Rhyd-ddu path up Snowdon)?
« Reply #30 on: 21:32:17, 28/08/19 »
Lol at that last bit  ;D   Cheers for clarifying  O0

Sorry ninthace, I missed this earlier.  Cheers but I already have my route map - I only use GPS for spot-checks and tracking my walk (I'm a dinosaur, I know  ;D  ). Thanks for the offer though  :)
TBH the only bit that needs any navigation is the route across from the Ranger to Rhyd Ddu.  The mountain bit is a doddle.
Solvitur Ambulando

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 21:51:40, 28/08/19 »
That's assuming I would be walking that section ninthace  ;)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 22:46:57, 28/08/19 »
That's assuming I would be walking that section ninthace  ;)
True - it makes the walk a circle so you can start and finish at the same place and cuts off a fair distance, avoiding any road walking, in the process.  For clarity it means leaving the Ranger at SH 57541 55305 to take the FP heading initially SSE.
Solvitur Ambulando

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 12:29:19, 29/08/19 »
That sounds like the route we took to get back to Rhyd dhu ninthace. The path isn’t well defined and although there are fingerposts, they’re quite far apart. It was a bit boggy when we walked it but easy enough to get around. The path also crosses an old slate quarry. Just found this site which describes the route - https://sinclairdesign.com/blog/best-route-snowdon
Somehow even the car park wasn't too busy at 7.30am on an early May bank holiday Monday! ( Although it was full when we arrived back). And we didn’t have to pay, we parked up just as a couple of men arrived back from going up for the sunrise so they gave us their ticket! There’s also a tea room and B&B in the village where we had a welcome ice cream, might that tempt you Mel!?  :) 
We stayed in a lovely cottage just outside Beddgelert.

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 08:07:34, 30/08/19 »
You might recognise swmbo in this pic on Bwlch Main Mel

Touching from a distance, further all the time.

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 08:59:56, 30/08/19 »
True - it makes the walk a circle so you can start and finish at the same place and cuts off a fair distance, avoiding any road walking, in the process.  For clarity it means leaving the Ranger at SH 57541 55305 to take the FP heading initially SSE.
Given that this topic is an offshoot of my TR 'Snowdon from the Doorstep' in which I posted a map showing this route, I'd say we've come full circle!  ;)
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy