Author Topic: Walking partner  (Read 990 times)

ian1959

Walking partner
« on: 23:49:04, 20/03/09 »
50 yr old married male with a non walking partner, I’m looking for walking “friends” male or female, to share the delights of the outdoors.

I’m Anglesey based.

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking partner
« Reply #1 on: 23:58:50, 20/03/09 »
Hi ian1959, welcome to the forum!

I guess as you're from Anglesey you probably do most of your walking in Snowdonia? I do a fair bit of walking there as do a few other guys on here. I'm a shift worker so I get time off during the week as well as some weekends. When do you normally have time for walking? There is a walk planned for this Wednesday, Nantlle Ridge, and you'd be more than welcome to come along if you're free.
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

ian1959

« Reply #2 on: 19:45:43, 22/03/09 »
Hi Peakbagger,

Many thanks for your message.

I also work shifts and tend to do most of my walking during the week, although can’t manage this Wednesday.

Just wondering, are these organised walks?

I have done quite a bit of walking in the Welsh mountains, although clocking on 50 yrs old, I’m not as quick as I used to be and not too keen on scrambling.

Ian

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:19:04, 22/03/09 »
Hi Ian,

I guess the walks are organised in so much as someone posts in the meet up section of the forum that they're planning a walk somewhere and would anyone like to to join them. Most people would be open to suggestions about variations to their route etc so I'd say that they're not as rigidly organised as, say, a Ramblers Association walk.

The last walk I organised we had nine people come along and it was a great day out but sometimes, especially week day walks, there may only be two or three people. It's a good way to meet new people and make new friends. O0
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy