Author Topic: Campsites open from 4th July 2020.  (Read 4860 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Campsites open from 4th July 2020.
« Reply #45 on: 13:13:53, 30/06/20 »
For those of you who like the Youth Hostel Experience, they are looking to open some of their hostels on 17th July.  https://www.yha.org.uk/covid-19

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 13:27:59, 30/06/20 »
I have (past and present).  Most times, the cost to rent one for a week is on a par to renting a bricks and mortar place for a week.
I have never understood this.  I am all for people running a profitable business, but some just take the mick.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 06:44:34, 01/07/20 »
Though Scotland is opening up from July 15th, it seems a lot of local businesses are leaving it for a bit. Most of the local b&bs aren't planning to open, and not all the hotels are. The nearest campsite is only open to camper vans who have their own facilities, they aren't opening the toilets and showers. Even some of the self catering places aren't opening. I am reckoning it will have to be wild camping this year, have bought a tent and my car is always chosen for the space to sleep in the back if I have to.

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: 06:57:10, 01/07/20 »
I see the campsite at Sligachan in Skye isn't opening this year at all. I wonder how many will follow suit, and how many roads will be choked up by camper vans trying to find somewhere to stop

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: 07:48:15, 01/07/20 »

I have (past and present).  Most times, the cost to rent one for a week is on a par to renting a bricks and mortar place for a week.

:o  Never really looked before, to be honest.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: 11:36:14, 01/07/20 »
I am planning on going camping, haven't done it for many years but it seems a good option right now. I have a camp bed in my car, plenty of room with the back seats down, and I have a tent to take. Just waiting for when the rush to go dies down, I want to pick small sites, don't need facilities can be self sufficient, just want a pitch on the edge of a field.

I have been watching Andrew Ditton's videos, he has been all over Europe, now he has moved to North Uist. I want to go to the Outer Hebrides, have to wait till the ferries are back to normal running, and the camp sites are open.

Just one of his videos,   https://youtu.be/R3Kom4QT1fc  he doesn't have an Airstream now, he has a house, a vintage caravan, and a Norton bike, and a dog called Dougal, who goes everywhere with him. Hope I can go there this year.

ilona

Little Foot

« Reply #51 on: 16:56:12, 02/07/20 »
I've just booked to stay at a campsite near Ilkley in a couple of weeks. Just myself and my son are going in a tent that will be far too small lol. I'm feeling comfortable with the changes that have been made, such as more space between pitches and increased toilet blocks etc, so don't feel worried about catching anything. I am more worried about the practicalities of getting food etc.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy