Author Topic: National Trust aims to find the best British walk  (Read 1913 times)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
National Trust aims to find the best British walk
The competition marks the beginning of the Trust's 'Great British Walk' celebration which will see more than 3 000 events take place up until 4 November 2012.
The National Trust has asked the public to upload their favourite British walk, reports telegraph.co.uk.

Participants are urged to 'use your feet and show your love of the Great British countryside' on nationaltrust.org.uk by uploading their preferred route as part of the Trust's 'Great British Walks!' campaign.
http://www.magazine.ordnancesurveyleisure.co.uk/magazine/tscontent/editorials/walking/2012/national-trust-aims-find-best-british-walk.html

romaway

Re: National Trust aims to find the best British walk
« Reply #1 on: 09:08:26, 08/09/12 »
Well it would be no good me being a judge as I am always saying 'that was the best walk I have ever done'  then of course I change my mind as there are so many facets to a good walk and so many of them everywhere and I am always walking the BEST walk.   

geordie33

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:16:25, 08/09/12 »
Agree with the last comments.What make a great walk is totally subjective and depends on loads of factors.For example I walked the Durham coastal path yesterday.Glorious blue sky and sea with great visibilty.Last time I walked it the sea was steel grey and the whole experience was totally different.Same walk though! O0

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:35:58, 08/09/12 »
They won't find them because the best involve going off-piste, and like all landowners, the trust, can't admit to not filling in the Definitive Map honestly and accurately.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy