Author Topic: Sleeping mat  (Read 6424 times)

taxino8

Re: Sleeping mat
« Reply #30 on: 20:50:53, 03/05/19 »
I’ve got one of these and it suits me fine.
Bought mine for under £50 but they’ve gone up a bit since, or maybe because it’s the time of the year people are buying outdoor gear.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BLIGW2U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 20:57:54, 03/05/19 »
That looks pretty good taxino8 although I'd go for the insulated version so I could use it when it's cold too.

taxino8

« Reply #32 on: 21:01:10, 03/05/19 »
That looks pretty good taxino8 although I'd go for the insulated version so I could use it when it's cold too.
I’ve got one of those too, I bought it for my wife at Xmas but it’s not been used yet and she doesn’t go often so I could borrow it if I felt the need.
I like the fact it has a tube running down each side, it definitely helps prevent me from sliding off and it’s not noisy like some other makes.
Quite popular in the USA where they originate from.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 21:11:12, 03/05/19 »
Good to know. I don't plan to go camping in the immediate future but I read all the camping threads and select what gear I'll buy if I do. Been many years since I went camping and I had rubbish gear last time. Next time will be different!

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 22:37:43, 03/05/19 »
Those Klymit mats look good, taxino8 - having a raised edge is a good feature. My Lidl mats have this and it does tend to stop me rolling off an otherwise narrow mat.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

watershed

« Reply #35 on: 08:32:06, 18/03/20 »
Hi Becky welcome to the forum from Shetland.
I have bought some stuff in the past from Ultralight out door gear. There are cheaper places, occasionally, if you shop around but they do free postage, even to the Northern isles and they often have a deal where  you can get another item cheaper along with your purchase eg water proof stuff sack.
they have an extensive range of sleeping mats and do their own reviews off them. I have phoned them in the past and they were most helpful. If you check the link attached you will see some very cheap air mats like the multi mat from £29.99 at 440 grams.
or one of the big names like Exped AirMat HL M Regular Sleeping Mat coming in at £99.99 304Grams £15 below RRP free postage. with a half price black diamond head torch deal. R Value 1.5 which is maybe as cold as you would want to risk. Although if your tent floor is super water proof, you can lay some clothes under your mat and up its R Value.
https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/sleeping-mats-c58/ultralight-airbeds-c138
« Last Edit: 08:49:16, 18/03/20 by watershed »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy