Author Topic: New Facebook page NoGogondola  (Read 8196 times)

Petrolhead

Re: New Facebook page NoGogondola
« Reply #30 on: 12:32:27, 26/10/18 »
You should go, see what he has to say.   No eyeball popping though.

I'm not entirely convinced the offer was genuine but let's see!

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 13:52:55, 26/10/18 »
Gotta love an open public consultation haven't you. >:(

This one isn't very open is it?

Just had an offer from the "honourable" Mr. Leafe to meet me in person to discuss my "misguided" views on his management of the Lake District. Not joking.

:o

Did he actually say your views on his management were misguided? He is kidding himself if he thinks that is just one individual's opinion of the way things have been going at the LDNPA the last few months. He doesn't come across and someone who will listen to what anyone is saying, he seems to be a bit of an authoritarian. He will offer you a free ride on the gondola most likely  ;)
Hate will never win

Petrolhead

« Reply #32 on: 14:37:17, 26/10/18 »
This one isn't very open is it?

:o

Did he actually say your views on his management were misguided? He is kidding himself if he thinks that is just one individual's opinion of the way things have been going at the LDNPA the last few months. He doesn't come across and someone who will listen to what anyone is saying, he seems to be a bit of an authoritarian. He will offer you a free ride on the gondola most likely  ;)

Yep, he actually told me I was "misguided".

I asked him to clarify. No response as yet. I also asked why locals and people who love the Lake District have to have these fights, why freedom of information requests are being unfairly quashed, why people like Turnip should be allowed to profit at the expense of what he's supposed to be protecting and why the Sandford Principle is being ignored.

Ooh, breaking news.

Believe it or not, I've just had a message from him and of course there was nothing in relation to my questions, but he's asked for my email address so he can "look me up" next time he's in London. Suuuuuuuure he will. Like he's going to take time out of his busy schedule of maximising the monetary potential of the Lake District to come and explain it all to someone who has just had a big rant (I was far from pleasant!) at him.

I won't hold my breath.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 14:52:45, 26/10/18 »
Who are Mr Leafe and Turnip?

Petrolhead

« Reply #34 on: 15:16:37, 26/10/18 »
Who are Mr Leafe and Turnip?

Richard Leafe is the CEO of the LDNPA.
Mike Turner is a money grabbing scumbag who wishes to bolster his already considerable wealth by turning the Lake Distrcit into some sort of theme park for his own gain.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 22:34:17, 29/10/18 »
Yep, he actually told me I was "misguided".

There are a lot of misguided people about  ;)

I've just had a message from him and of course there was nothing in relation to my questions, but he's asked for my email address so he can "look me up" next time he's in London.

That sounds a bit menacing!

Good for you for letting him know what you think of him  :)
Hate will never win

Petrolhead

« Reply #36 on: 11:38:20, 30/10/18 »
There are a lot of misguided people about  ;)

That sounds a bit menacing!

Good for you for letting him know what you think of him  :)

Quite the audacious statement I thought!

But I'm not too worried about the menace. I'd actually find that quite amusing.

As for letting him know what I think of him, it won't be the last time!

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 08:44:15, 16/10/19 »
Just bumping this back up the page - I'm sure many on here will have received the email regarding a public meeting with Forest England on 30 October at 7 pm in St Herber's Church Hall in Braithwaite.  NoGo seem sure that the gondola idea has not been taken off the table.  If I can wangle an early dart I will try to get there.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 19:09:14, 16/10/19 »
I'm sure many on here will have received the email regarding a public meeting with Forest England on 30 October at 7 pm in St Herber's Church Hall in Braithwaite.  NoGo seem sure that the gondola idea has not been taken off the table.  If I can wangle an early dart I will try to get there.

I got the email too. I am going to try to get there as well.
Hate will never win

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: 08:53:15, 30/10/19 »
I'm not going to be able to make this meeting tonight. Just got too much on. I hope Forest England listen to the people of Thornthwaite and Braithwaite.
Hate will never win

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 09:33:17, 30/10/19 »
I've tried to think about what can I offer to this matter? The best I can come up with is  -

'The need of a constantly expanding market for its products chases the bourgeoisie over the whole surface of the globe. It must nestle everywhere, settle everywhere, establish connexions everywhere.' (Karl Marx)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 20:54:19, 30/10/19 »
I didn't make it either. Went for days walking, but needed to get back to sort some family stuff.  Hopefully NoGo will post a report.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: 20:20:40, 14/11/19 »
Just sitting in the Royal Oak at Braithwaite after going to the Friends of the Lake District meeting in Keswick.  Very interesting to attend a meeting at which so many issues were covered.  The underlying message seemed to be that everyone is very cheesed off with the direction the LDNPA is trying to take the park.  There were many passionate local voices about No Go, Threlkeld path, hotel development, parking etc etc.  Thus was a fact find for FOLD, so no great conclusions, but it made me think.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: 21:35:29, 13/02/20 »
No Go Gondola have sent out an update to its members and it is quite alarming.

"Dear NoGo Gondola Members

Warning! - Despite what some people would have you believe the threat of a Gondola at Whinlatter is still very real. The ‘Whinlatter Project Group’ which includes the LDNPA and Forestry England have contracted engineering consultants Mott McDonald to carry out a ‘Transport Options Evaluation’ (TOE) where 5 of their suggested 12 options include Gondola’s with the route from Thornthwaite being labelled ‘most obvious’."

Please have a look on their website and facebook page

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nogogondola.org

You can become a member here:
https://www.nogogondola.org/join-nogogondola
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy