Author Topic: Not Walking, but a few minutes ago  (Read 2556 times)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Not Walking, but a few minutes ago
« on: 20:46:04, 17/07/07 »
A perfect half circle, and it wasn't raining either

Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: Not Walking, but a few minutes ago
« Reply #1 on: 18:53:42, 06/08/07 »
Alright Dazza,

What did you use to take that picture? Please don't say a camera phone, or I'm selling my Minolta at the next car boot sale.  :-\

Excellent .. very deep colours.

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:55:02, 06/08/07 »
Well it was Colour corrected in Photoshop. My camera (which is being replaced by a Nikon or Canon DSLR on the next few months) is a very light weight Canon A70 for digital.

I have a couple of traditional SLR's as well.

« Last Edit: 21:56:55, 06/08/07 by Dazza »
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:11:28, 07/08/07 »
It's a very nice picture, I think you did well to capture it.

How come you're replacing your camera? I've often thought about it, for one with a higer density of megapixels, but I'm quite happy with mine for the time being - even if it is a little bulky.

Photography - if I can be as so bold to call it that - is a habit I have picked up through walking, probably because I know sod all about wildlife or plants. For me flowers are either red, blue or yellow, and wildlife are either sheep, cows, horses or "small fairy things".  One likes to interract with their surroundings somehow, I take pictures of it.  O0

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:03:55, 07/08/07 »
Thanks. I just flung the window open and snapped, hoping for the best.

I used to dabble in photography years ago (hence the Nikon, other SLR's and lenses kicking about) I wouldn't  even go so far as to call myself amateur.

The one thing it left me with though is needing control over what you're actually committing to film (or to the ccd in this case). So I need a camera that lets me see through the lens, control the focus and maybe exposure (although I can correct that later).

On the walking front the fixed lens size on the A70 also means it's hopeless in poor light conditions and like many compact digital cameras you have no idea if it's in focus or not until it's too late. With a digital SLR I can make sure the focus is correct, exposure is decent and switch lenses. This is especially important when you may never get the opportunity again!

The kinder scout walk was a classic, To show what it's really like I'd have needed a 50mm prime lens (roughly speaking how your eye sees things (i.e. no image shrinkage)), a 28 wide angle for the panaoramas and several telephoto's (or a very good zoom). Now I'm not going to spend that amount of cash on lenses but with a DSLR I can make sensible choices without too much weight.

The fact it'll be a 10 megabpixel resolution is more of a bonus than a choice for me. Good pictures at a decent res are better than crap ones at a high res.

Oh and I am red/green colour blind as well (typical levels, not completely). So I hope I do a good job on the colour corrections!
Dazza
--------

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:40:04, 18/09/07 »
 O0 belting pic pal,is that from a camera or phone?
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:48:45, 18/09/07 »
Digital Camera, then colour corrected with Photoshop.
Dazza
--------

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:51:25, 18/09/07 »
 excellent photo pal,really is,ive not seen a rainbow as good as that for ages.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 21:13:40, 18/09/07 »
Thanks. It was a double one (you can just see the other one). Used to get them regularly at the old place (it had a very good field of view, if not a good view in itself).

Here the field of vision isn't so good unfortunately.

Dazza
--------

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 21:17:18, 18/09/07 »
 O0i did'nt see the 2nd one at 1st,but ive just seen it, no-way..,youve not seen 3 in the sky at once have ya? now that would be truly amazing eh, i like pics of lighting doing its thing !

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 20:49:32, 19/09/07 »
Never three no.

Must be loads of pics on the net of lightening, I know there are of aurora borealis equally stunning.
Dazza
--------

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 23:27:59, 19/09/07 »
 hey ya know what i'd really love to see and thats the Northern lights, -ucking awsome sight from what ive seen on Net.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy