Author Topic: Evening walk Photos  (Read 6951 times)

April

• Veteran Member
Re: Evening walk Photos
« Reply #30 on: 21:51:13, 10/07/17 »
The one thing that frustrates me about folks who post photos on here is that many look so samey they post a walk report with up to 20 distant pure landscapes.
No people shots, no wildlife, no close ups, scrolling though 20 average landscapes when one good snap would tell the story at a glance.

This post from you might put people off posting their photos MWM. I enjoy some photos posted on here more than others but refrain from being critical of the ones that I don't appreciate that much.
Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 09:35:10, 11/07/17 »
The one thing that frustrates me about folks who post photos on here is that many look so samey they post a walk report with up to 20 distant pure landscapes.

No people shots, no wildlife, no close ups, scrolling though 20 average landscapes when one good snap would tell the story at a glance.
Guilty as charged.

I have no interest in photography, almost every pic I take is on the forum there are so few of them. I try to use them to illustrate my TRs but if you want stunning photography then there are plenty of books and websites with better pics than anything on here.
I don't even need my own pics to bring back the memories, henryb's photos of his walk in the Langdales bring back memories of 3 very special days for me.

If there are people whose reports you are not keen on then just do as I do and don't look at things that they post, though you will still sometimes end up reading them if other people that you do follow post there.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 12:58:24, 12/07/17 »
I like the photos posted on trip reports. When I am walking I like to see places that have been highlighted on TRs mainly so that I can see that I am following the correct route. These TR s are, to me, an invaluable guide to which routes I want to walk and I often end up with a pdf on my phone that contains some photos and some of the written stuff as well which I can glance at if I feel the need for reassurance.

So Yeh keep posting the none posey type photos please. We are not all Anthony Armstrong Jones es.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy