Author Topic: Camping in Castleton  (Read 3206 times)

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
Camping in Castleton
« on: 12:58:16, 21/07/09 »
Any recommendations?

cheers,
Richie.
roll on the weekend

Boothy

• Veteran Member
Re: Camping in Castleton
« Reply #1 on: 16:00:16, 21/07/09 »
Only Upper Booth or Rowter farm which are both a little way out of Castleton and very basic

There is Coopers Farm at Edale which is just a little bit more than basic but has a cafe and very handy access to pubs.
134/214

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:09:46, 21/07/09 »
I can recommend Fieldhead campsite in Edale. Arenig and I stayed there for the Edale meet up in June and it's a very nice site. The cafe next to Coopers campsite does a very nice brekkie and The Old Nags Head is easily the better of the two Edale pubs. O0
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:35:16, 21/07/09 »
Deano from the Saddleworth walk last Saturday has  interesting times to tell of camping in edale!

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:09:32, 21/07/09 »
Deano from the Saddleworth walk last Saturday has  interesting times to tell of camping in edale!
Come on Jim do tell  :)

Richie the nearest campsite to castleton is this one and looks a nice little site

http://www.lanesidecaravanpark.co.uk/

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:24:03, 21/07/09 »

Richie the nearest campsite to castleton is this one and looks a nice little site

thanks Radder!
roll on the weekend

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:44:23, 21/07/09 »

Deano is the man to ask about camping

colliecorner

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 18:55:42, 23/07/09 »
I stayed at upper booth recently lovely site with great views but showers/toilets a little basic

martinwf

« Reply #8 on: 00:49:24, 22/09/09 »
Hardhurst Farm is the best in my opinion,  i've just been for two nights with my son (11) and it cost us £6 per night, looks like they had a new shower block built and the camping field is larger than it was 7 years ago.
just behind the Travellers Rest pub i think, a little out of the way, but we managed a good couple of walks in to castleton and beyond.

M

stevieboy378

« Reply #9 on: 10:09:30, 22/09/09 »

I've walked past that one ( presuming its the one on the right as you leave Hope heading towards Hathersage ) - its looks nice, but always overrun with kids, which'd be a no-no for me - I value my peace and quiet, and couldn't put up with the sound of kids playing in the river all day . . .
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ! . . .
. . . .except the weasels." - Homer Simpson

Steve Wilcox

gotmeheadshaved

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 12:41:48, 22/09/09 »

I've walked past that one ( presuming its the one on the right as you leave Hope heading towards Hathersage ) - its looks nice, but always overrun with kids, which'd be a no-no for me - I value my peace and quiet, and couldn't put up with the sound of kids playing in the river all day . . .

Hi Rich. I camped with my mate few weeks ago at Laneside. It's a lovely campsite about 20 mins walk to Castleton where the best pubs are. There's only 2 in Hope! We paid £15 a night for both of us. Got all the facilities. There were a few kids about but nothing too disturbing. I would definitely recommend it.

Regards

Steve
Steve (gotmeheadshaved)

'Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity'

stevieboy378

« Reply #11 on: 14:07:50, 22/09/09 »
Hi Rich. I camped with my mate few weeks ago at Laneside. It's a lovely campsite about 20 mins walk to Castleton where the best pubs are. There's only 2 in Hope! We paid £15 a night for both of us. Got all the facilities. There were a few kids about but nothing too disturbing. I would definitely recommend it.

And one of those wouldn't be out of place in "American werewolf" . . . .
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ! . . .
. . . .except the weasels." - Homer Simpson

Steve Wilcox

gotmeheadshaved

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 17:20:57, 22/09/09 »
And one of those wouldn't be out of place in "American werewolf" . . . .

So you've been in then Stevieboy? Must admit got a bit concerned when we walked in and they stopped playing darts!   ;)

The other pub had a DJ on who was in his 60s as was his music, but he did mix it a bit with a bit of Lily Allen, and I think he drank more than me and my mate while we were in there!  ;D

Steve
Steve (gotmeheadshaved)

'Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity'

IAIN BARKER

« Reply #13 on: 17:24:36, 11/11/09 »
The nearest site to Castleton is Pindale Farm, between Hope and Castleton. 15 minute walk on the backroad. Pindale farm has its own website I think. They have a lot of bunk accomodation too.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy