Author Topic: Design faults and failures  (Read 3285 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Design faults and failures
« Reply #30 on: 09:33:28, 17/10/19 »
Talking of waist belt pockets, my first Osprey pack had zip up mesh pockets that wore badly and the holes started to join up. My current Osprey pack has more commodious pockets that are more hard wearing and easier to access.
Solvitur Ambulando

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 09:48:17, 17/10/19 »
My Osprey Exos waist belt pockets work well, but my rear of the rucksack elasticated pocket is not coping so well, holes are beginning to appear and if stretched too far, or if I try to carry non-soft objects there I'm sure they will just get bigger. I've just rearranged a few items to salvage the situation.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 11:13:52, 17/10/19 »
OMM packs have quite good pockets on their classic 32 sacks. Atom packs sell their clip on pockets separately.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 16:10:23, 17/10/19 »
I've had a good time today, experimenting with my cheap (£15) waterproof coat, to make it even more waterproof than it is already. I managed to go out while it was raining because I wanted to test if the modifications I've made to my coat has worked better than the three patches of velcro that was holding the flap over the coats front zip. The Velcro had given up so I bought 3x19mm square stick-on magnets from Hobbycraft to try to avoid using Velcro again and from this one experience, I was pleased. However, what I don't know yet is how good the adhesive is.

I also recently bought a new pair of Berghaus Superlight boots. When I wore them for the first time some days ago my left boot rubbed my heel almost to the point of getting a blister. The right boot was fine and was very comfortable. I ran my finger in the heel area and noticed a small bump under the left inner boot leather and so borrowed a hammer with a round end to it. I bashed the inner heel area few times and then went for a walk, I think I've solved the problem but I will not know for sure until I walk further than I did today.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy