Author Topic: Garmin Oregon routes problem  (Read 697 times)

RuthW

Garmin Oregon routes problem
« on: 20:56:54, 12/07/18 »
Hi, I have a Garmin Oregon 600 and have used it successfully for some years. However, in recent months, when I download a route plotted on the PC using OS maps, I have a problem every time. I click 'Where to' on the Garmin, select the route, which then shows up on the screen correctly, but on clicking Go, I am prompted to select a calculation method (ie Mininimise time, ascent or distance) then told "Only 50 points can be used to follow road navigation" and the route doesn't show up.

Now, I assume that somehow I have changed a setting, but I can't for the life of me (or Google) find out what!

Help! :-[

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: Garmin Oregon routes problem
« Reply #1 on: 23:20:28, 12/07/18 »
Does your route have more than 50 points?  If so that's why you're getting the message.  If that's not what you're asking perhaps you could explain in more detail?
Where there's a will ...

RuthW

« Reply #2 on: 07:20:28, 13/07/18 »
Yes, it does have more than 50 points, but it is no different from routes I have created before. Previously, clicking Go put the route and your position arrow on the screen. I have not been asked about 'Calculation method' before. This has happened for the past few routes over a couple of months, but never before, so I am pretty sure it's a setting problem.
My settings are for hiking and the on road navigation is off.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:22:56, 13/07/18 »
Ah okay, understand now.  If your profile is set to hiking and on road navigation is off then something is going wrong.  Have you updated your software recently?  If so it would be worth doing a master reset.
Where there's a will ...

RuthW

« Reply #4 on: 21:47:39, 16/07/18 »
Thanks. I have reset it (and an update was applied yesterday when I linked it to the computer). Good to know you can restore defaults on each menu item. For anyone who has a similar problem, my routes menu now has Activity - Direct routing; Route transitions - Auto; Lock on road - no.
Slightly annoying that I will never know what went wrong, but at least I have fixed it and learned something for the future!

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:49:52, 16/07/18 »
Great  O0
Where there's a will ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy