Author Topic: Things that annoy me when I'm walking  (Read 9346 times)

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Things that annoy me when I'm walking
« Reply #60 on: 21:43:52, 11/03/18 »
Ive got a new one, technically not whilst walking, but before.

Making plans with somebody, getting all your gear ready, making sandwiches etc, getting up at 6am, getting a shower and dressed, filling your flask, only for them to txt you 5 minutes before you're meant to leave to pick them up, with them backing out because they've been out all night on the ale.
Now that is more than just annoying >:(
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: 13:55:51, 13/03/18 »
a marvellous idea ;)

yes, i see this too, but i know them to be grass snakes in the area where i live, as there are a few of them about and we don't seem to get adders

butterflies often the same too, if they don't settle

There's a few adder colonies in Eastern Moors just outside Sheffield, an area I used to walk quite often.

At various places, there's warning signs "Careful, Adders!" ...which on first few visits, I just thought meant "Careful you don't get bitten". I subsequently learnt it meant, if possible don't walk area at all, because you might disturb the poor wee snakes.

Walking across area one time with about half a dozen others, a snake came out..and my mate picked it up to explain it was a harmless grass snake. As he explained differences, I was thinking "That looks like an adder to me". He suddenly came to same conclusion, went white, put it down..and backed away.

Marsden Moor

« Reply #62 on: 17:23:27, 16/03/18 »
Taking wet gloves off only to find when you put them back on the finger liner bits have come out so that it looks like you are trying to strangle the invisible man trying to get them back on

Doddy

« Reply #63 on: 11:45:18, 17/03/18 »
In France I wild camped way up a mountain; good site. Next morning I went on about a kilometre to find a small chapel complete with camp bed, small wood stove and kettle. Merde

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: 16:18:19, 17/03/18 »
In France I wild camped way up a mountain; good site. Next morning I went on about a kilometre to find a small chapel complete with camp bed, small wood stove and kettle. Merde
Knowledge is power.  O0

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: 16:38:31, 17/03/18 »
Knowledge is power.  O0
Savoir est pouvoir if walking in France  O0
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: 17:18:04, 17/03/18 »
Savoir est pouvoir if walking in France  O0

Je m'incline devant vos connaissances supérieures.   :)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: 19:05:47, 17/03/18 »

Je m'incline devant vos connaissances supérieures.  :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Bof!
Solvitur Ambulando

Woodsman

« Reply #68 on: 08:25:53, 18/03/18 »
Annoying farmers and the ones who let their styles and footpaths go into disrepair >:(
Cheers
          Kevin

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #69 on: 10:17:23, 18/03/18 »
Annoying farmers and the ones who let their styles and footpaths go into disrepair >:(
Stiles never go out of style  :)
Solvitur Ambulando

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: 12:57:53, 18/03/18 »

Annoying farmers/landowners and the ones who let their styles and footpaths go into disrepair :(

True farmers are producers, they grow the crops in the fields and landowners are the people who manage the land, and should maintain hedges, look after stiles and actually consider how their occupation of a part of our countryside affects the community at large.

Sometimes the 2 identities are wrapped up in the same package, it produces  psychosis, a condition known as schizophrenia can bring on delusions of grandeur and impaired relationship with reality.  ;)

BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #71 on: 13:01:29, 18/03/18 »
Idiot drivers, who drive around with several hundredweights of snow on the roofs of the vehicles, so that when they corner it slides off doing serious injury to the innocent walker caught in it's trajectory.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #72 on: 13:19:50, 18/03/18 »
Sticky, slimy, chalkie Kent mud!

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: 15:56:00, 18/03/18 »
The top ones have to be [censored] farmers and friends who let you down last minute.  I'm a fan of alpine starts, and the amount of friends who are "sure, no problem" until 5am when I'm about to pick them up is remarkable.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but there is a point where you wish people spoke up and said they would rather not and just reschedule for later.

Tyldesley Paul

« Reply #74 on: 08:33:16, 26/03/18 »
Walkers Litter - I was out walking yesterday walking along a very muddy track heading from one hill to another which are about 6km apart when I came across a group of rocks ideal for a quick stop and something to eat. Around these rocks were 5 empty crisps bags several screwed up pieces of tin foil, 2 chocolate wrappers and 6 drink cans. The location of these rocks mean it is very likely they were left by fellow walkers, who managed to carry the packaging out there when they were full but must have found that they magically become to heavy to carry once empty. I collected the waste to dispose of later (I'm not a womble, but always have a carrier bag in my backpack for wet clothing etc.) and continued on my way, when I caught up to a group of walkers in front who I had seen sat there and mentioned it they said "oh we spotted that, you should have just left it the farmer will clear it up when it get too bad".  I wonder why some farmers don't like us.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy