Author Topic: Glencoe photos  (Read 2743 times)

henryb

• Veteran Member
Glencoe photos
« on: 19:17:29, 13/09/16 »
Rather than write a report of walks, I'm just going to post some photos of Glencoe. I walked near Inchree waterfalls, made a partial ascent of Meall Mor and walked from Ballachulish visitor centre to Glencoe Visitor centre. Meall Mor, may not be the highest, but it offers great views of the Glencoe giants.

Inchree waterfalls:

Pap of Glencoe:

adalard

• Veteran Member
Re: Glencoe photos
« Reply #1 on: 17:42:52, 15/09/16 »
Some great pictures (and landscapes!) there, Henry - the second one in particular is a fantastic view!  O0

henryb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:56:12, 18/09/16 »
Cheers Adalard, the three sisters was my favourite photo  :)

MoelPysgod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:09:03, 18/09/16 »
I remember the first time I saw them. They looked like the biggest, steepest mountains I'd ever seen. Glencoe is sublime.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:13:34, 23/09/16 »
I will second that, i saw them for the first time on October 12th 2016, on my way to Fort William.
A beautiful warm evening, and these terribly tall towering mountains,almost waiting to fall on top of you,as you passed.
The only thing that spoiled it for me, was seeing one of the park wardens manhandling a magnificent stag onto the bonnet of his Land Rover, by one of the small hotels in the area.
I know gamekeeping is a necessary process, to ensure only the healthiest animals survive, but it looked like the stag was a fresh kill, and being unused to seeing such beautiful animals dead before me, left a lasting impression on me.
Killing for sport, or killing for a genuine environmental reason, either way, such a magnificent creature deserves to live unmolested by us.

Summit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:04:41, 23/09/16 »
I will second that, i saw them for the first time on October 12th 2016, on my way to Fort William.
A beautiful warm evening, and these terribly tall towering mountains,almost waiting to fall on top of you,as you passed.
The only thing that spoiled it for me, was seeing one of the park wardens manhandling a magnificent stag onto the bonnet of his Land Rover, by one of the small hotels in the area.
I know gamekeeping is a necessary process, to ensure only the healthiest animals survive, but it looked like the stag was a fresh kill, and being unused to seeing such beautiful animals dead before me, left a lasting impression on me.
Killing for sport, or killing for a genuine environmental reason, either way, such a magnificent creature deserves to live unmolested by us.

No one is advocating the removal of deer from the countryside. What we do need to do is trying to get on top of the deer population explosion and try to control the problems that are being caused. Deer are implicated as the major cause of unfavourable conditions in terms of woodland structure and regeneration. We need the trees, birds and other wildlife need the trees. There are no natural predators for deer, wolfs were removed from Scotland, the last being killed in my home town of Stirling.

Venison provides a sustainable food source where you know where it comes from, you know it is ethically sourced, you know it is safe to eat, and that puts food on people's tables. As much as I love deer, to be a meat eater but then to object to the culling and harvesting of deer seems to me to be inconsistent.

BURN FAT NOT OIL

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:16:17, 23/09/16 »
Fabulous pics henryb  O0   Glad to see your weather was slightly better than my weather.  Have to confess, I feel slightly intimidated (in a WOWWWWWW amaaaaaazing sort of way) by the mountains round Glencoe.

...i saw them for the first time on October 12th 2016, on my way to Fort William....

Ummm, October 2016 hasn't happened yet  :D   ;D

buntonn

« Reply #7 on: 07:54:14, 13/04/17 »
Would love to see the photos, they are not showing for me as though links are broken.

My favourite place in the country that I have visited to date.

Desperately trying to escape and venture in the wild outdoors...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy