Author Topic: [TR] Little Hallingbury Mill Walk, Essex  (Read 1152 times)

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
[TR] Little Hallingbury Mill Walk, Essex
« on: 15:20:45, 23/03/18 »
A lovely 6.5 mile walk. This walk consists of two contrasting sections, a riverside stroll and a more hilly walk through farmland. From the parking in the pretty hamlet of Gaston Green, the route goes down Mill Lane to Little Hallingbury Mill, a beautifully preserved water mill. Then a short walk across the water meadows takes you to the Stort Navigation. Follow the river northwards as it meanders through the valley, passing locks and thatched cottages along the way. As well as the river itself, the boats, bridges, trees and birds, there are magnificent wide open skies to enjoy along the way. The journey back takes you across the rolling hills of the Essex borders. A pleasant stroll through fields brings you to the village of Little Hallingbury, where The George offers a friendly welcome. Leaving the village, there's a  walk over the undulating fields back to the parking.
  Weblink: http://myessexwalks.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/little-hallingbury-mill-walk-23032018.html

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: [TR] Little Hallingbury Mill Walk, Essex
« Reply #1 on: 20:48:21, 25/03/18 »
A lovely selection of photos O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:04:48, 26/03/18 »
Blimey, you take enough pics!
Top marks on effort, looks idyllic  O0
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Troggy

« Reply #3 on: 19:48:33, 26/03/18 »
What a lovey part of the Country. I think I'm going to rent a place/or take my big standy up, tent and stsay for a week or two. Not only have you taken some good photies; but you've given us a history and atmosphere of the place. There's a lad on youtube (tom outdoors) who does a loy of walks in Essek, greater London, Suffolk and the places are so different to anything we have up this neck of the woods.

Thanks for putting up some really interesting posts.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy