Author Topic: TR Middle Fell, Seatallan and Buckbarrow Sat 30 Nov to Sun 1 Dec 19  (Read 2028 times)

April

• Veteran Member
Well, it’s actually the second time we’ve passed isn’t it - - - remember Keswick main street. It still makes me smile when I think about that.

Hello David, I do remember. I got tongue-tied and couldn't utter a word and I just grinned rather alarmingly at you both instead  ;D  :-[

Beefy telling me “it’s never too late” as far as wild camping goes.

We like camping out because it gives you more fell time, especially in the summer when there is more daylight. It does half kill me mind, it is tough on an aging body like mine carrying the extra gear  ;)

I should have mentioned we were on a special milestone walk.

Congratulations on your 2000th fell walk, you had a grand day for it. Paul's photo's were lovely and I do like the shot of you and Jennifer especially.

It was wonderful to say hello and thank you to you in person and I too hope we bump into one another again half way up or down a fell  :)

put her on a xmas calendar  O0

Squeaky doesn't do Xmas  ;)

Squeaky does look cosy if a little selfconscious

You should have seen her in the shop, she looked outraged  ;D When we went for the walk later I think she realised why we'd put it on her because she was much warmer.
Hate will never win

beefy

• Veteran Member
As we walked away I thought I should have mentioned we were on a special milestone walk.
Congratulations  :)

Quote from: walkthefells link=topic=39463.msg562078#msg562078
As I read through your report I couldn’t help but think about Beefy telling me “it’s never too late” as far as wild camping goes. He was right and Jennifer reminded me of it on the drive home later.
O0
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
Lovely pics, especially the one from Middle Fell.  It was exactly the kind of weather you want to make the most of over the winter.  Was out myself on Sunday - originally the plan was to do a Kentmere round from the Haweswater side but the -6C conditions overnight and lack of a gritted road made me think the better of it.  Was glad I did, passed several cars who seemed to be on their way to an insurance claim - and several optimists with wheels spinning on ice as I headed to do some of the northern fells instead. 

April

• Veteran Member
Thanks forgotmyoldpassword  O0 The roads were very icy last weekend. Doing some of the northern fells instead is a win win situation :)

This weekend's forecast looks horrendous. Gale force winds and rain   :(
No camping for us this weekend.
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy