Author Topic: Ready Meals - Dehydrated meals - a Mix of Both ?  (Read 2208 times)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Ready Meals - Dehydrated meals - a Mix of Both ?
« Reply #15 on: 15:27:40, 23/06/18 »
I suppose that very much depends upon the walking, KimE. If it is strenuous, then lack of calories could very much be a problem. I've certainly 'bonked' whilst on a cyclosportife event (Bealach na Ba), and it was not pleasant; not pleasant at all.
« Last Edit: 15:43:49, 23/06/18 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Nomad32

« Reply #16 on: 01:03:35, 24/06/18 »
I like porridge with a handful of nuts an raisins or even better a handful of peanut m'n'm for breaky then a bar of what ever for a snack and graze on trail mix of nuts n raisins. For dinner on the first day I carry in chipolatas and instant mash. I have pack pasta n sauce for day two with beef jerky. Bring a reflectix pot cozy and save on gas. That thing keeps water scalding for an hour

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 07:21:12, 24/06/18 »
I suppose that very much depends upon the walking, KimE. If it is strenuous, then lack of calories could very much be a problem. I've certainly 'bonked' whilst on a cyclosportife event (Bealach na Ba), and it was not pleasant; not pleasant at all.

I know the Bealach na Ba and can understand why it is not suitable for a bonk - the hairpin bends are just too steep.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 08:16:24, 24/06/18 »

I know the Bealach na Ba and can understand why it is not suitable for a bonk - the hairpin bends are just too steep.

Oh dear. I suppose I asked for that!  :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

dank86

« Reply #19 on: 01:47:48, 26/06/18 »
I like to take the weight hit because as you say they do taste nice.

After a really hard day or if it's been wet i do like having the 'wet' meals or even just a nice sticky toffee pudding one.

What I have done in the past is find a tourist information centre or similar along the trail or close and ask if I can mail myself a care package. I've not been told no yet 😊

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy