Author Topic: Cyclists  (Read 9456 times)

beefy

• Veteran Member
Re: Cyclists
« Reply #15 on: 11:20:05, 10/05/20 »
Well said Beefy and how you stay up on them things I will never know
Thanks MM O0
You have to find your "recumbent balance "
This one might suit you better :)

https://youtu.be/DC7nUIRBZow
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 11:39:18, 10/05/20 »
My wife gets wound up by all of these people on pavements, She just stands there to make them move (it's worked so far) one of her friends shouts loudly at them, (that works as well) whilst I personally never use pavements in my city, I pedal along the roads as if I'm a car, I do not cower to the left and keep close to the kerb, I just brazen it out. So far I've never had a mishap and any driver, as far as I know, has not tried to treat me badly. I lived in London for eight years and I had to learn how to be confident on the road! If a car wants to pass me they have to pull out and pass, or stay behind me! I make no apologies, to cower puts cyclists in greater danger in my view.
For once I agree. Cyclists running up your inside in slow or standing traffic is dangerous (to them).
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 11:49:52, 10/05/20 »
In Carlisle a lot of the pavements are for shared use by pedestrians and cyclists. I was always courteous to any pedestrians and I never had any issues to be honest, walking or cycling. Cycling on some of the fast roads was terrifying and I never really got on with cycling to work.

Ignorant and selfish people are the same if they are on foot, on a bike or in a car. I don't think you can tar all cyclists with the same brush and the vast majority of cyclists I encounter are well behaved.
Hate will never win

Marsden Moor

« Reply #18 on: 12:12:18, 10/05/20 »
Another voice of reason there April and it’s same here in Kirklees with various shared paths with cyclists and pedestrians who mostly seem to understand how to get on

Hi Beefy I found that really relaxing in a funny sort of way although the last time I was on a pedal trike I ended in hospital, see a few people around on them and they always seem to have a big smile, going to get my bikes out now to see if they are in a rideable condition

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 13:06:34, 10/05/20 »
Another voice of reason there April and it’s same here in Kirklees with various shared paths with cyclists and pedestrians who mostly seem to understand how to get on

Hi Beefy I found that really relaxing in a funny sort of way although the last time I was on a pedal trike I ended in hospital, see a few people around on them and they always seem to have a big smile, going to get my bikes out now to see if they are in a rideable condition
Be careful I did this the other day  :o

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 13:12:57, 10/05/20 »
Hello... From what has come from the wee leaks of what may be announced this evening is that one of the items could be a whole lot more of shared footpaths in the cities....but can this be arranged overnight?
Stay alert. :-)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 13:22:05, 10/05/20 »
I have to admit it is irritating that cyclists (and runners, and cars) expect me, as a walker, to step out of their way and stand in the undergrowth/mud so they can keep their tyres/shoes clean.
Solvitur Ambulando

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 13:49:53, 10/05/20 »
@ beefy. Ouch, how is it today?
Hate will never win

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 14:52:44, 10/05/20 »
When out cycling I am quite happy to stay behind slow moving walkers.  I am in no hurry and I get a chance to get my breath back.

Now dog walkers that have no control over their cherished pets, especially dogs on those really long leads, they do annoy me.
When I see a dog I have no idea if it is well behaved or not, under control or not, they are just a menace.

A few weeks ago I was walking and a dog came running towards me with its teeth bared.
The owner shouted out, at me, that it was OK, it always looks like that.
I shouted back.

Several years ago I went around to my girlfriends house, she had some friends visiting who had 2 dogs.
As I let myself in, one of the dogs jumped up and bit me.  The owner said it was my fault as I wear glasses.
A few short words from me about what I thought of them, it was the end of that relationship.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 14:53:58, 10/05/20 »
Be careful I did this the other day
Badge of honour.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 15:26:33, 10/05/20 »

@ beefy. Ouch, how is it today?
A bit sore but it's only a scratch itll soon heal

Now dog walkers that have no control over their cherished pets, especially dogs on those really long leads, they do annoy me.
When I see a dog I have no idea if it is well behaved or not, under control or not, they are just a menace.
Know what you mean, this dog was running all over the place I nearly fell off, in the end I got off and walked over the bridge, I must have muttered something judging by the way the owner looked at me
Maybe itll make her think next time
Clearly a danger to other people this dog should have been on a lead, not the dogs fault
Heres the clip

https://youtu.be/qdXQWj8NUyw

Badge of honour.
  ;D

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 15:37:24, 10/05/20 »
I agree that out of control dogs can be a menace. I have described 3 such dogs from the last 2 days on the Small Rant thread in the Hikers’ Bar.

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 15:45:03, 10/05/20 »
Heres the clip

https://youtu.be/qdXQWj8NUyw
  ;D
Is that a recumbent you ride?
I used to make stuff for Kingcycle.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 17:01:37, 10/05/20 »
Be careful I did this the other day  :o

Ha! 'Tis but a scratch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmInkxbvlCs

Solvitur Ambulando

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 23:14:42, 10/05/20 »
Is that a recumbent you ride?
I used to make stuff for Kingcycle.
Yes a recumbent bike and a recumbent trike, both home made O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy