Author Topic: Great Knoutberry Hill, Chesterfield fairies and a poignant moment  (Read 860 times)

inthebagbud

I am sure we have all had one of those moments when out walking and this is mine .

I am sure we have all had times where we review our life and there I am having one of those deep thinking walks reviewing past , present and the future walking up Great Knoutberry Hill, minding my own business and I come across the "Chesterfield Book Fairies" who have left a free book at the trig point.

Now its not the fact that fairies appear to be real and leave free books - but the poignant moment is the title of the book...…………...sometimes its best to look more closely at what you have as what you need is closer than you think!

I left the book as the title provided with all I needed from the day

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
What was the name of the book?

inthebagbud

its in the picture - "Be Careful What You Wish For"

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
The picture doesn’t show up on my iPad

inthebagbud

apologies I'm not sure why that is - the picture kind of makes the story

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
What does the white label say? Between the colour of the ink and the handwriting I can't decipher it.

inthebagbud

The handwritten label says

Free book please take me home love The Chesterfield book fairies 27.03.2019

There appears to be another label to the bottom right but I didn't open the packet so not sure if there was anything else written

vghikers

• Veteran Member
Now that's a nice change from the rubbish we often find stuffed into cairns at summits. I wouldn't have taken it though, excess weight for one thing.
The picture appears with plainly readable text here on a monitor, I suspect those having difficulty are using small mobile devices.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Now that's a nice change from the rubbish we often find stuffed into cairns at summits.

I've now done 16 walks in the Lakes and summited 10 fells there and haven't come across a single bit of litter. Wonder why the difference.

vghikers

• Veteran Member
I've now done 16 walks in the Lakes and summited 10 fells there and haven't come across a single bit of litter. Wonder why the difference.
That's a small sample, I'm talking about hundreds of summits in England and Wales as well as cairns other than summit ones. It's usually orange/banana peel, choc wrappers and even squashed plastic water bottles. I've read that dedicated volunteer litter-picks are sometimes carried out, that will make a difference. There's also probably a psychological element whereby it sticks in the mind and seems more prevalent than it is.
Anyway the book fairies was a nice story.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
By Jeffrey Archer, Perhaps the one current author, who really knows what the titled means.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy