Author Topic: 4 Brecon peaks walk (Corn Du, Pen y Fan, Cribyn, Fan y Big)  (Read 7416 times)

Eastville Monkey

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum so if I mess this post up then I apologise in advance.

I quite fancy doing the 4 Brecon peaks (Corn Du, Pen y Fan, Cribyn, Fan y Big)  and it would be very handy for me if I could take my dog along (he'd like it too!).  Can anyone please tell me if this walk would be suitable for a dog?

Thanks in advance

Greg.

rorkes drift

i dont see a problem with taking your dog, i think he will be tired at the end though

Eastville Monkey

Thanks for that.  He probably will be tired but at least if I take him with me I can take it at a slow pace with plenty of rest stops because I wouldn't have to rush home.

I was worried about any fences or stiles along the walk because he's quite a big lad and I certainly couldn't lift him over.

Thanks again.

rorkes drift

i dont know of any fence on that walk, there is a great view from the top of corn du down the lake below, half way down you will see an obelisk in memory of a 5 year old boy that was found on the mountain, and also on the way to fan y big the is a memory stone of a s a s soldier that died while training in the himalayas

cymru09

There is one stile if your walking from storey arms up to corn du. If you walk around to Tom's obelisk you'll miss it though  :)

Eastville Monkey

Thanks for your help guys it's greatly appreciated.  As soon as I have a free weekend and we have a slight chance of some dry weather (hmmm....could be waiting years!) I'll give it a go.

Greg.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy