Author Topic: TR - 14th June A round above Ulpha  (Read 3183 times)

karl h

• Veteran Member
Re: TR - 14th June A round above Ulpha
« Reply #15 on: 17:56:14, 19/06/20 »
Lovely area I don't know well, seems well worth an explore.  Some lovely quiet little corners and as much as the tops can be worthwhile for the views, ambling by streams and over stepping stones has a charm of it's own.  I've been trying to link together a 'Borrowdale traverse' (from E Borrowdale to the more famous centre lakes one) and decided to include the Ulpha area based on this alone as a bit of a rest day.  The Walna Scar side/Long Mire/Park Head Road down to Ulpha looks a particularly fine valley route I doubt I'd have ever gone to without 're-jigging' the route, so thanks for that karl  O0
Cheers forgotmyoldpassword    O0

The Duddon/Ulpha area is a lovely and comparatively uncrowded corner of the Lakes and well worth a visit. Coincidentally I was planning a Borrowdale to Borrowdale walk before the lockdown, the idea being I'd go for a walk with the family along the eastern valley then I'd carry on through the central Lakes to the more famous Borrowdale. I still might do it this year ;)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 18:03:14, 19/06/20 »
A Mosedale to Mosedale would work well too.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 18:05:57, 19/06/20 »
Fully understand the need to block out memories of a KKPT else you'd never go on another  :D

Squeaky keeps asking "When are we camping with the Kipper Man again?" We could (obviously) do without your company but it seems Squeaky cannot  :D

We are down to Covid level three now and the country is totally [censored] financially. I suspect we will be able to stay overnight and spend our money again soon. I've taken a days hol on Fri 3rd Jul so I can pick beefy and the kipper eater up, bring 'em northward and we can meet you on the 4th somewhere  :)
Hate will never win

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 18:06:50, 19/06/20 »
A Mosedale to Mosedale would work well too.
But which Mosedale to Mosedale ?  ;)

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 18:11:13, 19/06/20 »
Squeaky keeps asking "When are we camping with the Kipper Man again?" We could (obviously) do without your company but it seems Squeaky cannot  :D

We are down to Covid level three now and the country is totally [censored] financially. I suspect we will be able to stay overnight and spend our money again soon. I've taken a days hol on Fri 3rd Jul so I can pick beefy and the kipper eater up, bring 'em northward and we can meet you on the 4th somewhere  :)

Squeaky is a great pal it's such a shame she cant get rid of the hangers on  :D

I think that I should be ok to travel on the 3rd and to be truthful I'm coming up no matter what ( keep that to yourself )  ;D

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 18:22:25, 19/06/20 »
I think that I should be ok to travel on the 3rd and to be truthful I'm coming up no matter what ( keep that to yourself )  ;D

Ok. I won't tell anyone  :D

Hate will never win

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 19:05:54, 19/06/20 »
Cheers forgotmyoldpassword   O0

The Duddon/Ulpha area is a lovely and comparatively uncrowded corner of the Lakes and well worth a visit. Coincidentally I was planning a Borrowdale to Borrowdale walk before the lockdown, the idea being I'd go for a walk with the family along the eastern valley then I'd carry on through the central Lakes to the more famous Borrowdale. I still might do it this year ;)

Oh! You mean recruiting the family for a convenient lift? I like your thinking..  ;D

The route I came up with was definitely a bit of a slog, 17 WRs and about 90km, but one of those which you're hopefully glad you're done with by the end of it.  So many little crags, viewpoints, woods and tarns which are completely new to me in that area - seems like I could potter for a while

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 21:25:25, 19/06/20 »

Oh! You mean recruiting the family for a convenient lift? I like your thinking..  ;D

What an outrageous suggestion. The thought never crossed my mind :D

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 21:33:13, 19/06/20 »
But which Mosedale to Mosedale ?  ;)

Wet Sleddale to Wasdale basically. Possibly could continue on to Egremont, and catch the train home on the coast.

Edit - 36 miles, taking in Harter Fell, High Street, Red Screes, Fairfield, Dead Pike, Thunacar Knott, Styhead, Great Gable and finishing with the Mosedale Horseshoe.
« Last Edit: 21:40:14, 19/06/20 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 23:28:05, 19/06/20 »
Cheers for that Beefy. 

Looks like a nice walk. I love the lunch spot and the drone footage.   Which drone have you got - Mavic pro air II or a Mavic pro mini
My other half is jealous.   ;D

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 21:55:16, 20/06/20 »
 :)
Hate will never win

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 09:12:50, 21/06/20 »

Just caught up with this
Great pics karl O0

Cheers for that Beefy. 

Looks like a nice walk. I love the lunch spot and the drone footage.   Which drone have you got - Mavic pro air II or a Mavic pro mini
My other half is jealous.   ;D
Thank you

I think you must have posted this on the wrong thread  :)
It's a mavic pro dittzzy
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 13:58:07, 21/06/20 »
Karl , superb views of some wonderful countryside..Those heifers looked very feisty too . !  :)
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 15:30:45, 21/06/20 »
Just caught up with this
Great pics karl O0
Thank you

I think you must have posted this on the wrong thread  :)
It's a mavic pro dittzzy
OK.........  so now you know how I got the name Dittzzy.    Sorry Karl, and Beefy.  Have put the right comment on the right post now.
Still like your pics Karl.   O0 O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy