Author Topic: Camping with EHU  (Read 2505 times)

vghikers

• Veteran Member
Re: Camping with EHU
« Reply #15 on: 12:33:49, 26/10/19 »
Why on earth would Castlerigg Hall not accept solo campers?

Another vague memory from many years ago but I remember a few sites that had similar rules. The jist was that they had bad experience with groups of lads booking in separately as solo campers and reforming later with a rowdy drunken ruckus in the late hours. In one case I think they specified families and couples only.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 12:47:49, 26/10/19 »
Why on earth would Castlerigg Hall not accept solo campers?
I have never heard of such a thing before!
Is it some form of snobbery? Do they have so much business that they can afford to exclude potential customers?

That is the conclusion I came to too, but it clearly states they welcome families and couples only on their website.

https://www.castlerigg.co.uk/camping/

:-\

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 14:50:16, 26/10/19 »
Came across this at a site in Pembroke years ago, apparently they'd had trouble with someone behaving inappropriately around the kids. They wouldn't say exactly what he/she had done or why they'd assumed all singles would behave in the same way.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 15:29:00, 26/10/19 »
Has anyone stayed on a site that specifies adults only?

I assume they're for people that don't like hordes of little brats shouting and whizzing around, but a part of me always hopes it might mean other things  ::) .

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 15:31:00, 26/10/19 »
I have, and your first assumption is correct.

Either that or I wasn't invited  :D

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 15:35:53, 26/10/19 »
There are sites like that, for example a caravan sw*****s club comes up in searches, while there are sites where you don't need any clothes, and some are even for men only.
Erm, so I've been told  :-[ .

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 15:44:45, 26/10/19 »
 ;D 

Guess I've just been unlucky then  :D

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 16:10:20, 26/10/19 »
Many years ago a group of friends were travelling back from a climbing trip to the Dolomite's, it started to rain so hard we decided we couldn't go on and started to look for somewhere to stop. All we could find was a campsite. The sign on the gate said "Naturfrunden" but it was all there was. The campsite man said we could the kitchen, once inside it became clear from the photo's on the wall that Naturfrunden's weren't folk who liked squirrels.

Next morning it was still raining, the only other people on the site were a Dutch couple who were looking around nervously, they were quite relived to see we were all dressed head to toe in waterproofs.     

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 08:06:55, 29/10/19 »
There are sites like that, for example a caravan sw*****s club comes up in searches
I guess it depends what you search for.

I once had a barber tell me all about his swinging exploits while I was trapped in his chair with half a haircut.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 12:18:18, 29/10/19 »
That'll teach you to have hair to cut in the first place Percy  ;D

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 13:01:47, 29/10/19 »
I guess it depends what you search for.

I once had a barber tell me all about his swinging exploits while I was trapped in his chair with half a haircut.

Oh god take away the picture of a razor wielding man with his exploits swinging
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy