Author Topic: Another person killed by cows.  (Read 1049 times)

April

• Veteran Member
Re: Another person killed by cows.
« Reply #1 on: 18:43:43, 22/09/20 »
That is tragic, his family and colleagues and pupils in the school must be devastated  :(

Hate will never win

Ronin83

« Reply #2 on: 12:30:06, 23/09/20 »
It doesn't explain the circumstances. What actually happened?
Just seems very strange to me that cows would kill people. I know their massive and they can charge when with their young, but still.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:47:03, 24/09/20 »
Truly awful - poor man. Deepest sympathy for his family.
All the reports focus on his achievements for the school and community. Perhaps because the H&S are involved there seems to be no information about the cattle -breed/age/herd make up etc. - or if a PRoW went through the field.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Birdman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 09:12:44, 24/09/20 »
Truly awful - poor man. Deepest sympathy for his family.
All the reports focus on his achievements for the school and community. Perhaps because the H&S are involved there seems to be no information about the cattle -breed/age/herd make up etc. - or if a PRoW went through the field.

Yes, this! Of course RIP etc, but it is really not very interesting to read what a wonderful man it was. It would be just as scary if it had been an awful person. We just want to know what exactly happened and how this can be prevented.

I'm always pretty scared of cows when I have to pass near them when hiking. They are large animals many times my own size so they can easily kill me if they want to. Fortunately they are usually not aggressive animals, but that makes this story so scary.
My travel and walking reports: https://www.hikingbirdman.com/

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:36:47, 25/09/20 »
The article mentions that the walker was with his Dogs, so its a distinct possibility that the cows became startled or threatened by the presence of a barking dog.

The majority of deaths, do seem to occur  when walkers are walking with their dog, either on or off their lead.

Its within a Dogs instinct to bark or get excited when in the presence of other animals, and a large herd of cows can often feel threatened when a barking dog is nearby.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy