Author Topic: New Member from the NORTH OF ENGLAND ;)  (Read 3327 times)

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: New Member from the NORTH OF ENGLAND ;)
« Reply #15 on: 09:34:59, 17/11/20 »
Welcome from Devon.

Why not ask admin to delete this initial thread and re register using a pseudonym. As you are worried about anonymity I am rather surprised you registered in your full name ???
« Last Edit: 11:46:48, 17/11/20 by Jac »
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 11:42:49, 17/11/20 »
Welcome - maybe we can get you renamed to 'RAV' or something, I'd suggest you don't use your real name on most internet forums.  Not that it is anything to worry about 99.9% of the time, just good practice.

Second the suggestion for using walking poles, despite having relatively new knees compared to some in these parts, walking quickly and doing long days does make them ache, particularly the outside of the knee - and walking poles have been a fantastic way to avoid this getting worse.

Oh and I've probably saved about a dozen falls in the last six months alone from having poles, though I do a lot of trail running with them so slips are relatively common.

RAVE

« Reply #17 on: 12:44:33, 17/11/20 »
(A) Never use your real name on any forum.

(B) Read the forum introductions and guidelines

(C) PM the forum administrator and ask him to block all PMs to you. You can do so yourself by pressing the middle icon above, the head, and go into the modify area, in there you can specify who can pm you.

(D) Go on, give us a clue as to which area in the North you want info on, you don't even have to live there. So we can take it you don't live in Yorkshire as you live near there,which narrows your area of interest down to Lancashire, Cumbria, or the historic county of Durham, still an enormous area.

Howdy Jim Bob.

(A): I shall ask the forum administrator to remodel my handle to `RAV`.

(B): Concluded

(C): I see no middle icon on my PC device anywhere. I must PM the forum administrator, I recollect him commentting somewhere, so he is easily attainable.

(D): I intend to be more explicit; I reside alongside The Angle Of The North.
He was both everything I could ever want…
And nothing I could ever have…

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 14:09:19, 17/11/20 »
[quote author=Raymond L Valencia link=topic=41222.msg597596#msg597596 date=1605617073

(C): I see no middle icon on my PC device anywhere. I must PM the forum administrator, I recollect him commentting somewhere, so he is easily attainable.

(D): I intend to be more explicit; I reside alongside The Angle Of The North.

(C) The icons mentioned are the five small pictures underneath the search bar.

(D)Possibly a finger problem there. The Angles of the North were mainly above the Tyne in what became Bernicia. Tee hee.

The Angel of the North, by Mr. Gormley is a fantastic sculpture.
One of my sisters lived not too far away from it.

Great, so basically we can come up with done fantastic walks fir you when you are sorted with your new user name etc. Do you depend on public transport?

By the way if my fingers actually typed what my brain wanted them to then I would save hours of my life.
Too little, too late, too bad......

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 14:30:44, 17/11/20 »
Welcome, RAV.

To contact the mod, log in, click on the Report To Moderator button below one of your posts, probably your first one will be best, and then type a message in the box that appears.

I did it a few days ago after I had unintentionally started a thread in the wrong section, and at my request the whole thread was moved to where it should have been, which was very obliging.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 09:06:36, 18/11/20 »
As you have concerns regarding exposing your identity to the public I am very surprised that you have now added a very identifiable personal portrait as avatar to your full name in addition to a fairly precise location.

Call me cynical but 'You're having a laugh' came to mind
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

RAVE

« Reply #21 on: 18:29:39, 18/11/20 »

As you have concerns regarding exposing your identity to the public I am very surprised that you have now added a very identifiable personal portrait as avatar to your full name in addition to a fairly precise location.

Call me cynical but 'You're having a laugh' came to mind

Do not worry, this is not actually me (though it does look quite like me ;)) Thanks for the head up!

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 19:58:57, 19/11/20 »
Who is it in the photo then? Have you got their permission to use their photo? Just thinking they might not be too pleased about it  :-\

Hate will never win

RAVE

« Reply #23 on: 09:56:46, 23/11/20 »
Who is it in the photo then? Have you got their permission to use their photo? Just thinking they might not be too pleased about it  :-\
Its a pick of my son ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy