Author Topic: Collaboration in September  (Read 3561 times)

tickleandsqueeze

Collaboration in September
« on: 17:58:35, 05/06/20 »
Hi, I'm a mature student at Plymouth University (55), in September 2020 we start our final year and we have to do a collaboration, be it set one up ourselves or go to say an agency and work with them in a project. So what I would like to know is how many people would be interested in being involved in a collaboration to produce a piece of work in relation to walking /mountaineering to do with photography in some way. All I can think of at present is say one of those giant pictures made up from small photos from everyone. Else some sort of mapping? With the use of photos. Any ideas or interest?

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
Re: Collaboration in September
« Reply #1 on: 20:37:15, 05/06/20 »
Hello.
Are you at the Plymouth site or one of the satellite sites?
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

tickleandsqueeze

« Reply #2 on: 12:21:32, 06/06/20 »
hi
On the main campus.

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:46:05, 06/06/20 »
hi
On the main campus.
Bad luck, I hated my monthly visits to Plymouth.

There are a few people on here that are in to photography.  Have you thought of asking to set a theme i.e. flowers, rivers, mountains/hills, tents, boot or whatever.  Then getting people to send in their best pictures, along the with EXIF data so that camera types and settings can be compared easily.
As for the final product, that is the really hard part, it could be a collection of small, framed images, a poster, collage, mapped, or even a montage.
If, say you choose rivers, it may be possible to join dozens of images to make a complete river, even though ti is made from lots of different ones.

I had the chance to do a Masters in photography, but missed the funding date, still kicking myself.

tickleandsqueeze

« Reply #4 on: 08:14:13, 07/06/20 »
Hi
What a lovely thought out reply, so full of ideas, which is great. Ironically I've asked Falmouth about their masters course as its online and after this year mainly spent on zoom, I realise how much time I spend driving as in an hour and a half getting back and forth to Plymouth. So this may be possible after the course.

I understand what you mean by the funding. There is  also the open college of arts, there fees for a masters was something like 3k a year, worth a look maybe as it seems such a shame you missed out.

Regards Anna

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:56:48, 07/06/20 »
I shall have a look at the online offerings, though my experience of higher degrees is not a happy one (I hated being at Tremough, only pleasant staff were the refectory and cleaners).
I also have a problem with paying for education, it still goes against the grain.
May just be easier to write a book and see if it sells.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 11:07:55, 07/06/20 »
I'd be happy to be involved - though you might not be happy with my photos :)

Paul

tickleandsqueeze

« Reply #7 on: 09:49:51, 08/06/20 »
Hi no worries all part of the fun of it all, at least it will be autumn and not the dark days of winter, so there are plenty of bonuses! Anna

tickleandsqueeze

« Reply #8 on: 09:54:25, 08/06/20 »
Steamytea,
It's a shame about the funding, have you looked at educational grants, I had a spell with the citizen advice bureau, there are tons of charities that can be found on the,. Gov website. But it was a nightmare apply for assistance as there are so many bits t you have to comply with, and we were just trying to help people! Cheers Anna

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 12:01:18, 08/06/20 »
I would also be pleased to be involved too. I take lots of photos - some of them not too  ???
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

tickleandsqueeze

« Reply #10 on: 07:43:13, 09/06/20 »
Jac,
Idell, a group is starting to form, I suppose I ought to ask what do you live to photograph.

Cheers Anna

tickleandsqueeze

« Reply #11 on: 18:31:36, 09/06/20 »
It' occurred to me, that when this starts in September I should look into what walking means to you, what you love about it and perhaps aim to get photos that you feel represent this feeling. Then in the long run (best laid plans etc) put them all together in a video with possible snippets of interviews???

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 21:33:57, 09/06/20 »
It' occurred to me, that when this starts in September I should look into what walking means to you, what you love about it and perhaps aim to get photos that you feel represent this feeling. Then in the long run (best laid plans etc) put them all together in a video with possible snippets of interviews???
Why wait until September, try out a few things now, then you can see what works and what does not.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 22:14:44, 09/06/20 »
This sounds more interesting as a collaboration. Are you thinking of looking at walking in the current situation or just generally?

tickleandsqueeze

« Reply #14 on: 09:06:14, 10/06/20 »
Hi both as this lock down has changed so much. I put a feeler out on the uk hiking and walking page on Facebook and have had 15 responses, so it's looking good for September and it will mean there is a greater variety of possible areas covered in the uk. Will be interesting to see what perspectives people bring or what they would like to have in the finished production, which I've said i will let the facebook page group see if everyone is happy with that.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy