Author Topic: New member saying hello  (Read 915 times)

Clusterhead

New member saying hello
« on: 19:29:24, 11/02/21 »
Hello all
Thanks for having me..born in Scotland .. lived in London most my life though and spent most my time escaping to the countryside done a fair bit of walking and wild camping prefer long distance walks like the challenge the harder the better for me.

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
Re: New member saying hello
« Reply #1 on: 19:32:27, 11/02/21 »
Welcome to the forum, from Somerset
It's all uphill from here.

Clusterhead

« Reply #2 on: 19:48:08, 11/02/21 »
Yeah bit of a struggle with a belly full of cheddar and cider O0

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:59:31, 11/02/21 »
Welcome from south Manchester  :)

Epic challenging backpacks are behind us now I'm afraid, still much to enjoy on shorter/easier trips.

Clusterhead

« Reply #4 on: 20:09:22, 11/02/21 »
Hiya
I’m getting to that age approaching 53 would like to do more day walking but since getting rid of the car 10 year ago and riding motorbike (easier to get about on these days through traffic)
I just can’t walk in all that gear carting helmet and stuff about so it’s either long distance walk or motorbike trip

Zizag

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:28:17, 11/02/21 »
Greetings from
North Cheshire.

windyrigg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 09:04:18, 12/02/21 »
Greetings from Northumberland. Lots of my early hill walks started with a motorbike to the bottom, I then removed the helmet and walked up (fell boots, jeans and a waxed cotton jacket). Actually that still happens when I go to the Isle of Man!  O0   

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 13:00:53, 12/02/21 »
Welcome to the forum from the southern edge of the Lake District.  :)

Never really been into true long distance walks, but really getting into one night wild camps up on the fells, as well as plenty of day walks. Just waiting for Lockdown to end.....
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 13:51:11, 12/02/21 »
Hi Clusterhead  :)

Up in Northumberland discovered how useful trains & buses are when doing day walks, rather than walking out and back to car. Not sure what transport links you have down there ;D

Clusterhead

« Reply #9 on: 19:41:12, 13/02/21 »
Greetings from
North Cheshire.
Hello 👋 thanks

Clusterhead

« Reply #10 on: 19:47:46, 13/02/21 »
Greetings from Northumberland. Lots of my early hill walks started with a motorbike to the bottom, I then removed the helmet and walked up (fell boots, jeans and a waxed cotton jacket). Actually that still happens when I go to the Isle of Man!  O0
I just get to hot walking in all that gear especially on day walks,when I go on bike trip it’s easier can leave the stuff in the tent then go off for the day
Luv it up Northumberland had a great holiday round there a few years ago bamburgh to seahorses and surrounding areas

Clusterhead

« Reply #11 on: 19:55:20, 13/02/21 »
Welcome to the forum from the southern edge of the Lake District.  :)

Never really been into true long distance walks, but really getting into one night wild camps up on the fells, as well as plenty of day walks. Just waiting for Lockdown to end.....
hiya often stop at Keswick on my way to Scotland like camping at castlerigg stone circle really peaceful there
Wish I still lived up north spend most my time having holidays up there 👆

Clusterhead

« Reply #12 on: 19:58:28, 13/02/21 »
Hi Clusterhead  :)

Up in Northumberland discovered how useful trains & buses are when doing day walks, rather than walking out and back to car. Not sure what transport links you have down there ;D
Hiya plenty of transport but it’s just a faff getting somewhere its never direct to many changes just to get out of town

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy