Author Topic: first pair walking boots... will these be ok?  (Read 2140 times)

KellyLouise

first pair walking boots... will these be ok?
« on: 11:18:27, 31/12/07 »
found these on the net reduced from £60 to £15. for a first pair for someone whos not sure if the bug will stick, what do you all think?

"Regatta Womens Turnstone X-LT Walking Boots

Code: 1100000098386

Regatta Womens Turnstone X-LT Walking Boots: A waterproof and breathable boot with an extra lightweight sole and wicking lining to maximise comfort inside the boot.

Features:
Wicking lining
Deep padded collar and tongue
Shock absorbing ergo contoured footbed
X-LT sole technology
Fluted steel shank"
"Thus, though we cannot make our sun stand still,
Yet we will make him run!"

www.facebook.com/fromawanderingmind

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: first pair walking boots... will these be ok?
« Reply #1 on: 12:00:45, 31/12/07 »
I think for what they are you have found a real bargain - for that price, and the lowest I found was £40.00, are they new or used?

The thing with boots is that they determine the terrain they are good for, if you're looking to do anything really hard (climbing, scrambling, etc), then you might want to think again, but for general hiking then you have found a real gem.  My first boots were leather - and were around the £35 region - and they lasted me years!

Good luck  O0

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:06:10, 31/12/07 »
I had a quick look on Regatta's website - and they look pretty good to me for general use (stay off the ice, though eh!)....  You got a really good bargain there didn't you? - I think you can shop for my next pair!
They should be OK to start with but you might need to reproof them after you've used them a couple of times. You local millets or blacks will have some nikwax proofing stuff.
Well done - cracking bit of shopping, there.....
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:28:50, 31/12/07 »
Sound OK to me, but not really a Winter boot for the higher ground. Should do for starters though

Dave

KellyLouise

« Reply #4 on: 15:09:23, 02/01/08 »
Yay! They are new, found them on the go outdoors site in a sale!

O0

Thanks for the info guys!  :)
"Thus, though we cannot make our sun stand still,
Yet we will make him run!"

www.facebook.com/fromawanderingmind

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 15:47:52, 02/01/08 »
I brought a pair of hi-tec one's when I first started out but they soon lacked water in so wasn't so waterproof after all,  these sound like a good summer boot rather than a 4 session boot at  £15 pounds sounds the dog b*ll*cks to me.  You'll need to try them on first.  To make sure they fit right and are comfortable, bargain at that price,  check to see if you got a store near you and go down and have a route round.

Also am unsure on how they work there online as if you went to the shop, you need a store card to get the discount of these products or just pay full price.  The store card cost's £4 pounds for the year.  Now am sure it's the same on line but never signed up for it.  if you're unsure of this you could phone up and ask about the store card if there the boots you really what.  I would presonnel only use them in summer.  Hope this helps.
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy