Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276074 times)

adalard

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #480 on: 09:01:40, 20/03/18 »
Off to Rowsley and up onto Stanton Moor today, a recce walk with a couple of friends of mine.  Hoping there'll be a bit of snow left to play in! :D

I know it's a few miles further north but there was certainly plenty on Bradwell Moor and thereabouts yesterday, Sunnydale - I was sinking thigh deep in some drifts and had to resort to rolling across the top of some of them to get where I needed to be.  ;D

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #481 on: 11:58:05, 20/03/18 »
Off to Rowsley and up onto Stanton Moor today, a recce walk with a couple of friends of mine.  Hoping there'll be a bit of snow left to play in! :D

Glad you’ve made a full recovery  O0
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #482 on: 18:26:38, 20/03/18 »

I was sinking thigh deep in some drifts and had to resort to rolling across the top of some of them to get where I needed to be.  ;D

That sound familiar from yesterday's walk, on Dartmoor. O0

Glad you liked the picture.  It was quite a view across the valley to Kitty tor and Great Links, with all that snow.  I have sat there many a time, but never seen it looking quite that magical before.  :)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #483 on: 08:53:05, 21/03/18 »

Glad you’ve made a full recovery  O0

Thanks Jontea :)  Yes, I'm fine now and raring to go!

adalard, we found a bit of snow yesterday and as you said on your walk, some of the drifts were still quite deep.
It was thawing fast yesterday though and with the odd light rain shower too, it was quite a slippery at times.
Heavy frost here this morn and lovely sunshine.  Off out very soon! :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #484 on: 11:00:53, 21/03/18 »
Yesterdays walk along the Peak Forest Canal. Not a lot of colour this time of year, but it was peaceful  :)

Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #485 on: 11:08:19, 21/03/18 »
I normally go running but I've pulled a ham string so am walking everywhere at the moment, not sure if its helping or not? Sitting indoors 'resting' can be such a waste of ones life! I parked at the top of Portsdown Hill, to the north of Portsmouth , yesterday and was most surprised to find that there was still a lot of snow about. Interestingly, the path starts about 100m from the car park, its a busy one cars there every day, (it has a burger van as well) no one but no one had walked this path for ages.I could tell, just smooth snow, not a footprint in sight!

Troggy

« Reply #486 on: 23:25:25, 21/03/18 »
Well, I won't be walking very far for the next week or so as I've just had both big toenails removed (any excuse!) But I'm in Merseyside and I have the Wirral on one side and the Lancashire countryside a few miles away. Some nice places, though none are really hilly until you get to Rivington Pike, or into Wales. Though it isn't far to get to Moel Fammau and Loggerheads, when the days get a bit longer...and I get a lot fitter!

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #487 on: 20:21:09, 05/04/18 »
I walked in Ashdown Forest and its environs today, a very scenic walk in the spring sunshine in the characteristic High Weald landscapes of ghyll woodland and high, rolling heathland.  And mud!

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #488 on: 17:38:09, 06/04/18 »
Made the most of yesterday's glorious sunshine and did a nice walk after work around Paull foreshore....normally a peaceful walk with an occasional dog walker or family out for a stroll... not last night.  East Hull Harriers were doing a fell/off road run last night... never heard so much heavy breathing in all my life  ;D

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #489 on: 20:10:17, 06/04/18 »
Had a lovely 11 mile walk yesterday in gorgeous sunshine 8) 8) 8) , in the Eyam, Calver & Longstone Edge area...

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #490 on: 20:28:07, 06/04/18 »
Lovely photos sunnydale    :)     Especially like the first one

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #491 on: 20:36:06, 06/04/18 »
Yes, beautiful photos, Sunnydale - what a wonderful day to be out!  :)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #492 on: 20:01:08, 18/04/18 »
I went a walk in the Low Weald of Sussex today from Woodmancote to Henfield via Albourne.  A scenic walk with some very pretty woodlands and masses of celandines.  And gloriously hot and sunny    :)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #493 on: 21:11:46, 20/04/18 »
I led our group on an 11.5 miler yesterday, starting from Shillito Wood.  Route was (roughly) Hewett's Bank, Flask Edge, Brown Edge, Longshaw Estate, White Edge Moor, Barbrook Reservoir, Ramsley Moor & Reservoir and finally, Leash Fen.

What a gorgeous day it was too! :D 8)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #494 on: 21:51:15, 20/04/18 »
Started the North Downs Way today, quite an easy walk from Farnham to Guildford.

It was just a pleasant change to walk in a tshirt and not full winter gear plus hardly any mud and that was quite hard now :-)
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy