Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276336 times)

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #1200 on: 19:00:57, 03/06/20 »
BuzyG I've started getting up at 4 AM so I can get my runs in at 5 before it gets warmer in the summer.

Anyway I went up Latrigg with my girlfriend yesterday and she loved it. Hoping I can find more fells suitable for her, but if not we will do other types of walks instead of going round town all the time now the government has relaxed lockdown restrictions.

It really bought back the adventure I felt the first time I went up. it was my first fell, one of these days I'll run up it. Hoping to find more suitable walks in the meantime.

Hope you are all well.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1201 on: 08:13:24, 04/06/20 »
4AM. :o   I'll leave the morning watch to the birds.  I'm more of a last dog jogger. ;)

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1202 on: 22:02:32, 08/06/20 »
Of to Flamborough tomorrow for a coastal stroll and a bit of bird watching.  Really looking forward to it.   :D

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1204 on: 11:44:17, 09/06/20 »
Well it doesn't happen often, but I have not walked that stretch of SWCP ever.  Surprising, as we have friends who stay in the little holiday park just the other side of the Cove. 

Naturally I have surfed there,  ;)  The day someone post up a decent cove that I have not surfed in Cornwall the hat gets eaten.  ;D

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1205 on: 12:51:03, 09/06/20 »
Well it doesn't happen often, but I have not walked that stretch of SWCP ever.
Naturally I have surfed there,  ;)  The day someone post up a decent cove that I have not surfed in Cornwall the hat gets eaten.  ;D
I have saved you the bother.
Have you surfed Nichols Cove near Porthleven?
« Last Edit: 13:36:28, 09/06/20 by SteamyTea »
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1206 on: 14:32:00, 09/06/20 »
I have saved you the bother.
Have you surfed Nichols Cove near Porthleven?

Well I had never heard it called that.  However the answer would be yesish, or certainly the area to the west of the harbour wall where all the emits and locals enjoy dropping in on one another.   I climbed the cliffs at Trewavas head last year too. Now that was a good day out. O0   

I have a niece who lives in Porthleven, it was always a good excuse to head down that way when I used to surf
« Last Edit: 14:40:09, 09/06/20 by BuzyG »

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1207 on: 15:00:25, 09/06/20 »
Just had a stroll to the chiropodist (opened beginning of June).  Bounced my way home in the sunshine on new tootsies.  Lovely local walk along the Havenside  :)

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1208 on: 20:38:41, 09/06/20 »
I'm just back home after another marvellous walk with Beefy and Squeaky down their neck of the woods. 11 and a half miles of such wonderful variety, we had a bit of everything, waterfalls, moorland, canals, reservoirs, hills, gritstone edges, rhododendrons, paragliders, packhorse bridges, tremendous  O0
Hate will never win

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1209 on: 14:58:26, 23/06/20 »
Lovely scenic route walk to the shops.  Bumped into loads of people from our WI and had a reet good natter.

And that folks is the REAL reason why a 2 mile walk takes me 2 hours  ;D

Flippin' 'eck though, its warm out there  :o

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1210 on: 06:50:20, 24/06/20 »
Got our sights set on Blencathra today, but it will be a real scorcher, so sunhats, sun cream and gallons of water!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1211 on: 14:38:58, 24/06/20 »
Local walk from home this morning. 16.24 miles in 3hr 56m. Off and on road. 1007ft. Very hot at around 30C...  8)

Route: Brooklands Farm, Clowes Wood, Walnut Tree Farm, Rough Common, Upper Harbledown, Dunkirk, Blean Wood, Dargate, Yorkletts, Fox's Cross Hill, Pye Alley Lane, Bogshole Lane, Golden Hill.
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

Ferret

« Reply #1212 on: 15:01:35, 24/06/20 »
Local walk from home this morning. 16.24 miles in 3hr 56m. Off and on road. 1007ft. Very hot at around 30C...  8)

Route: Brooklands Farm, Clowes Wood, Walnut Tree Farm, Rough Common, Upper Harbledown, Dunkirk, Blean Wood, Dargate, Yorkletts, Fox's Cross Hill, Pye Alley Lane, Bogshole Lane, Golden Hill.

Goodness me. That was fast!

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1213 on: 15:32:10, 24/06/20 »

Goodness me. That was fast!
:) Sometimes it's about sight-seeing, sometimes it's more about exercise!  ;)
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1214 on: 16:47:59, 24/06/20 »
Didn't manage Blencathra.

After climbing up to Bowscale Tarn (lovely) and then on to Bowscale Fell, a unanimous decision was made to wimp out because of the heat. Returned over the top of Bannerdale Crags and down a steep ridge past some old mine workings to the east (on April's Banned List, I suspect), then back down the valley of the River Glenderamakin (lovely name - almost as good as Glenderaterra on the other side of Blencathra) to the car at Mungrisdale. Home to cold beer in a shady garden!

7 miles ish in about 5 hours.  ;)

PS - so hot that when we reached the Glenderamakin I did the cowboy thing of filling my sun hat with water and then putting it on my head. Delicious agony.
« Last Edit: 16:52:39, 24/06/20 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy