Author Topic: Urra Moor to Carlton Moor Circuit  (Read 2121 times)

harry_keogh

Urra Moor to Carlton Moor Circuit
« on: 12:57:14, 08/05/17 »
I did this one a few weeks back but have only just got around to writing it up. I've been a bit behind! It was a great day weather wise, and the vast majority of the walking was very easy - much easier than I anticipated. I'm a lot more used to the boggy moors of the dark peak and so expected something similar. In actual fact, I could have quite happily done the walk in a pair of standard approach shoes.

Full trip report: Urra Moor to Carlton Moor Circuit

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: Urra Moor to Carlton Moor Circuit
« Reply #1 on: 18:19:15, 11/05/17 »
I liked the look of this so much that I downloaded your GPX file and set off to do it today, many thanks.

I followed it all the way apart from one of the hills just off the route where lots of cows were congregated beside a gate, and I knew that I'd have to get passed them also on the way back down, so I left them alone and just continued.

A lovely sunny day with great views when I started but it got hazy later on, wore shoes and not boots and had a lovely scenic 15 or so mile stroll, many thanks for putting it on here.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

harry_keogh

Re: Urra Moor to Carlton Moor Circuit
« Reply #2 on: 12:22:51, 22/05/17 »
I liked the look of this so much that I downloaded your GPX file and set off to do it today, many thanks.

I followed it all the way apart from one of the hills just off the route where lots of cows were congregated beside a gate, and I knew that I'd have to get passed them also on the way back down, so I left them alone and just continued.

A lovely sunny day with great views when I started but it got hazy later on, wore shoes and not boots and had a lovely scenic 15 or so mile stroll, many thanks for putting it on here.

I assume you mean Wath Hill? yeah, luckily it was completely clear when I did it. Had it been full of cows, I'd have probably avoided it myself - coward that I am!  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy