Author Topic: [TR] - Last Couple of Days on the Capital Ring  (Read 754 times)

glovepuppet

• Veteran Member
[TR] - Last Couple of Days on the Capital Ring
« on: 17:50:35, 05/11/17 »
Some of you with long memories may remember we were walking the Capital Ring in chunks? Well, we finally got to finish those last 30-odd miles!

We had a really good couple of days. Again, the weather was kind and we got a quick Autumn fix as well. For more pics and details, please click on the link below.

http://amblesandrambles.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/a-capital-idea-part-4-falconwood-to.html

Thanks for looking - hope you enjoy!  :)

All the best

GP  O0

John Walker

Re: [TR] - Last Couple of Days on the Capital Ring
« Reply #1 on: 20:49:44, 05/11/17 »
Really enjoyed your blog post.  Great pictures and prose!
I walked the Wimbledon Common to Richmond Bridge stretch last Sunday - plenty of path hogs out then too ;)
JW
http://www.greenlives.org.uk/walk.html
National Trails completed: SWCP, Thames, SDW and NDW

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:49:54, 06/11/17 »
Great report though, having walked the LOOP and found that quite suburban, I'm not sure you've convinced me to try the Ring .

glovepuppet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:12:21, 06/11/17 »
Great report though, having walked the LOOP and found that quite suburban, I'm not sure you've convinced me to try the Ring .

Hi Ridge

Yes, the LOOP and the Capital Ring are quite similar in terms of terrain and scenery - in fact, what slightly surprised us was that although it is nearer the centre on London, the Ring isn't really any more built-up than the LOOP. So, if you like one, you'll probably like the other .... or vice versa!  :D

In some ways, it's been the convenience of the walking - Mrs GP is currently working in London some of the time, and we have often paired the walking with other events, gigs, etc - and it's simplicity in winter that has spurred us on.    

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 16:26:17, 06/11/17 »
Nice photos GP O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy