Author Topic: A week in Wasdale  (Read 598 times)

MarkT

A week in Wasdale
« on: 20:50:15, 13/03/18 »
Hello,

Just returned from a week's camping in Wasdale Head just after the snow!!! But all was well at campsite level on the western side of the Lakes.

I managed to get some good walks in whilst I was there despite a couple of low cloud and rainy days but Buckbarrow & Seatallan was a nice steady start to the week and managed some good views accross Wastwater.

Yewbarrow was on must do list this week, so the next day with low cloud lingering I decided to go for it and started off well as u can see below. But once I got on top the cloud set in. I was planning on coming down Stirrup Crag but having never done it before, fortunately I found the escape route down and settled for safety.

The other taget this week was Pillar, fairly new to the lakes so still hadn't done it. Thursday started good and the walk up Black Sail was very pleasant. Looking Stead was impressive but I think this was my favourite view.

Despite all the snow, it wasn't until about 2000 ft where the snow had settled @ 2,500 ft (ish) I got this beauty looking up towards Pillar

I am hoping to do full TR's on each walk but hope this gives you an idea of the pleasure I had whilst up there. And below is my version of the classic view. probbaly the best day's weather during the whole week on the day I leave!!

« Last Edit: 21:01:30, 13/03/18 by MarkT »

April

• Veteran Member
Re: A week in Wasdale
« Reply #1 on: 09:00:39, 14/03/18 »
Lovely shots Mark, love the Pillar one especially  O0
Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:20:52, 14/03/18 »
Great pictures Mark - I love that campsite, the views are fantastic and so many great walks straight out of the gate.  I hope you get round to doing the TRs - I have a vested interest as I've got a room booked at the Wasdale Head for a couple of nights in April  :)

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:38:55, 14/03/18 »
Some cracking photos there, Mark. I agree with April, the Pillar picture particularly - and the "classic view".  O0

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:43:12, 14/03/18 »
Lovely pictures, looking forward to the TRs  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy