Author Topic: Whitby - any good routes?  (Read 1849 times)

cwalker

Whitby - any good routes?
« on: 18:38:14, 23/06/19 »
Hi All!
I’m new to walking and very excited to get out and about! I’m thinking of going to Whitby and would like your suggestions of good walking routes around the area if possible please? I would like to do a fairly substantial walk, I’m thinking of staying over in a hostel on the Saturday night and to venture out again the next day. Any ideas would be great!
Many thanks!

Ralph

Re: Whitby - any good routes?
« Reply #1 on: 18:47:48, 23/06/19 »
The Cleveland Way passes through there, so you could either head N or S and return by bus to Whitby or wherever you decide to stay.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:11:35, 23/06/19 »
Depends on how many miles you can do. You could walk to Robin Hoods Bay on the Cleveland Way and return by the Cinder Track or if you can walk 12 miles or so get the bus to Staithes and walk back along the Cleveland Way.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

cwalker

« Reply #3 on: 19:54:00, 23/06/19 »
That’s great! Thank you both, I shall look into the Cleveland Way.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:05:42, 23/06/19 »
Look into the Eskdale Way also.
Last year  I followed the Eskdale way from Whitby to Grosmont then followed the C2C to High Hawsker and then took the cinder track back into Whitby. It is a lovely circular walk but given the speed I walk at, it was a very long day.
The previous day I caught the bus to Grosmont and walked back to Whitby on the Eskdale way. Not so hard and very pretty.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy