Author Topic: Waterproof jackets  (Read 771 times)

NYMtrekker

Waterproof jackets
« on: 18:16:11, 17/03/19 »
Hi all, new to the forum and heading out to base camp in October, would appreciate any advice on the best jacket for layering. Bearing in mind i should be 6 foot five and not 5 foot 9 when looking at bmi charts O0

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Waterproof jackets
« Reply #1 on: 19:48:05, 17/03/19 »
I was going to reply but when I read 'base camp' I realised that I'm out of my depth with this one.

NYMtrekker

« Reply #2 on: 19:56:24, 17/03/19 »
All suggestions would be welcome, currently looking at the ME Changabang but the price is putting me off. Alpine fit as in most jackets these days does not do me any favours.

Pitboot

« Reply #3 on: 14:10:40, 18/03/19 »
My advice would be get to a shop that sells a range of brands. I assume that you are aware of Rab, Montane, TNF, Patagonia, and Paramo, to name but a few.

Take your layers with you, if you have them yet, and ask to try on some jackets, or if ordering online get the next size up from your usual.

If it is Everest base camp that you are talking about you don't want the garment to be too light weight as the material may possibly not stand up to the rigours of the trip.

I use a ME Rupal, it's very tough and I can get a good synthetic jacket under it, or even over it if necessary.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy